Logistics Analyst Coop (Jan - Apr 2020)
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Madelyn is a Logistics Analyst - Outbound Co-op in our Logistics Department. She is responsible for co-ordination and analysis in support of Outbound Logistics activities, including but not limited to, Outbound Reporting, Outbound Visibility and Logistics Dashboard.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work? We believe it's having individuals like Madelyn on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Madelyn contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Logistics Analyst - Outbound Co-op, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Supporting Logistics Outbound by providing required documentation
- Maintain Key Performance Indicators for both freight movement and store delivery
- Providing analysis and required supporting information
- Direct communication and monitoring work of 3rd party service providers
- Providing monthly reports to Logistics on Carrier, Service Centre performance
- Streamline Outbound Logistics reporting structure
- Create/Implement Outbound Logistics Dashboard - Measures of Success
- Ad-hoc analysis including, cost benefit and return on investment
- Information gathering for all transportation bids and analysis
- Month end financial accrual preparation for unbilled activity
- Preparation of monthly results commentary for management
- Facilitate management monthly review meetings
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you.
But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges.
- Proficient in developing/designing day to day reports and adhoc reporting from the Milestone Visibility (Descartes) Tool
- Proficient in Excel (spreadsheets including macros, database applications and tools, (Access, Applix, TM1))
- Advanced research and analytical skills (information gathering, and data analysis)
- Problem solving skills including identifying and resolving problems related to transportation information and reports and following up with appropriate people and departments (i.e. delays, inaccuracies, etc.)
- Ability to prioritize and work with a multitude of requests/priorities
- Good knowledge of overall merchandise flow from Distribution Centre to Stores
- Customer service/support skills including effectively and efficiently responding to Carrier and Store inquiries, identifying stated and unstated Customer needs, building relationships with Carriers, Stores and Regional Leadership Teams
- Organization skills including prioritizing which question/issue to resolve
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving skills
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.