Logistics Analyst - Offshore - 1 Year Contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Roberto is an Offshore Logistics Analyst in our Logistics Department. He is responsible for daily operational support to enable efficient and cost effective international merchandise flow, focusing on an assigned area within the supply chain, from shipping at international origins to delivery at various Distribution Centers.
When Roberto first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Roberto is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Roberto joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Roberto. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Offshore Logistics Analysts we'd ask you to do the following:
- Actions daily exception reports for all inbound shipments, ensuring flow of shipments, escalating disruptions and supporting invoice audits and payments
- Review shipping performance trends; analyzing shipping data, interpreting and identifying trends (opportunities, risks), creating and delivering reports (key performance indicators, operational activity reports, etc.) including making recommendations for Management review and consideration
- Monitor Freight Forwarder and Carrier performance according to contractual key performance indicators and provide suggestions on improving flow efficiencies and effectiveness; ensures Freight Forwarder issues are addressed and escalated as needed to Management
- Responsible for collaborating and communicating with internal and external stakeholders (Home Office, Distribution Services, Loss Prevention, Regional Leadership, Vendors and Carriers) to ensure smooth execution of shipment programs
- Support for department projects and initiatives as needed
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- University required, CITT designation is an asset
- Minimum 2 years' experience in Logistics, Distribution Service & Supply Chain experience and general transportation knowledge an asset
- Interpersonal skills including conflict management; information gathering skills; team building skills to build collaborative working relationships
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise
- Good knowledge of overall merchandise flow from Vendor to Distribution Centre
- Self-starter with strong communication skills including verbal communication (solving problems, dealing with complaints, resolving errors, etc.), written (project proposals) and ability to interpretation of written documents (detailed invoices, memos, etc.)
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, multi-project environment while meeting tight and fixed deadlines
- Ability to work independently; estimate time required to complete projects; follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members up to date and aware of progress
- Computer skills (word processing, spreadsheets, Power Point, e-mail) including intermediate level of MS Excel, in particular the analysis features of these programs and knowledge of database design/manipulation concepts and proven analytical skills
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.