Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eva is a Lease Coordinator in our Property Development Department. She is responsible for maintaining the filing system (paper and electronic); providing administrative support to the Portfolio Administration team, assisting the Lease Specialists with maintaining the lease management system (currently Retail Lease) and liaising with various internal departments and external partners regarding matters related to the administration of our leases.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Eva. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Eva who push our creative limits. When Eva isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Lease Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Organizes, creates all new lease files and ensures that all documents are saved electronically
- Maintains all lease files hard copy and electronic in a timely manner to ensure accuracy
- Ensures integrity of PaperVision electronic filing system by scanning, compiling and auditing documents
- Responds to inquiries from internal partners regarding insurance coverage
- Researches store addresses with external partners, updates Project Management Program and communicates to internal partners
- Provides administrative support to the Portfolio Management team; arranging legal files and preparing courier packages for Global Offices and landlords
- Assists the Real Estate Analyst on various projects including preparation of presentations for Real Estate Committee; conducts research on new locations for Lease Specialists
- Tracks the Lease Management System by inputting new leases, communicating and managing area certificates to internal partners including Legal, Portfolio Administration Manager, Lease Administration and Finance
- Requests contact information from landlords, invoices construction allowances and prepares confirmation documentation to ensure information is received in a timely manner
- Updates financial information in the Lease Management System as required by Portfolio Management Team and Lease Administration
- Assists the Lease Specialists with the Lease Management System audit against finalized Lease Abstracts regarding key financial, business and legal information
- Assists the Lease Specialists with Estoppel Certificates through the preparation, drafting and delivery to Global Offices
- Assists Portfolio Administration Team with upgrade of Lease Management System to Lucernex
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-Secondary Education in a related discipline
- Minimum 1 year of experience in Commercial Real Estate environment
- Sound understanding of Real Estate Management Systems
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, multi-project environment
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires
- Strong computer skills (MS Office applications); electronic filing systems and database systems; Excel formula experience an asset
- Good problem solving, analytical and research skills to identify, resolve issues; ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including prioritizing tasks time, meeting deadlines, working with short time frames
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and within a team environment and build relationships at all levels of an organization
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.