Inbound Flow Planner, Brampton
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Brenna is one of our Distribution Services Inbound Flow Planners. She's responsible for planning, facilitating, and ensuring execution of all scheduling activities associated with inbound merchandise receipts. Of course, this includes appointing, reconciling, and managing vendor/carrier/DC required information or concerns to ensure effective and efficient flow through the DCs.
Some people are just natural planners and Brenna is one of those people. She ensures we have the necessary inventory levels to meet production targets, solves problems, and helps the facilities get more done than ever before. She makes work easier and we love her for it.
This is Brenna. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Brenna, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our DS Inbound Flow Planners, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate all inbound receipts and scheduling activities with internal and external parties, including Logistics, Accounts Payable, Merchandising, Vendors, Carriers and respective agents to ensure effective and efficient flow through the DCs.
- Manage and maintain logs of carrier, carrier agent correspondence, problem resolution, and forward the information to the appropriate members of the Operations Management and Logistics staff.
- Ensure all appointment requests are responded to within the set parameter of a 24-hour period.
- Take accountability for managing and navigating through all inquiries and issues, and analyze and resolve them in an appropriate manner to optimize flow, adhering to the Company's policy and practice standards.
- Develop and maintain various reports related to inbound activities to support the business.
- Schedule, prioritize, and coordinate inbound receipts to meet changing production needs within time standards (i.e. priority containers, over the road (OTR), rush shipments, hot deals).
- Participate in all activities associated with inbound merchandise receipts.
- Assist in the timely pick up of empty trailers and containers.
- Support all testing and implementation of various TJX system enhancements and roll outs.
- Support cross-functional activities.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have more than two years of experience in a fast-paced, high-volume data entry role with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You have knowledge of data centre and receiving operations within distribution services or logistics (i.e. dock appointment scheduling, visibility systems).
- You are flexible with strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- You handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- You make sound decisions.
- You have intermediate computer skills, including spreadsheets (i.e. Windows, MS Office), keyboarding, word processing, e-mail, and mainframe application, (i.e. IMSP and SCAN).
- You have the ability to develop effective collaborative working relationships with Distribution Services, Management, Associates and external contacts.
- You have strong trouble shooting, problem solving and analytical skills.
- You have the ability to provide direction to ensure delivery of set expectations and targets are achieved.
- Your customer service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to inquiries and identifying stated and unstated customer needs.
- You have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility to adjust scheduled shift as per the business requirements.
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.