Implementation Project Coordinator
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Matthew is an Implementation Project Coordinator in our Systems Department. He is responsible for creating and communicating vendor schedules for all new stores, relocations and remodels as well as creating project plans and roll out schedules for all store projects. The Project coordinator will assist in projects to achieve objectives with high customer satisfaction (both internal and external), within budget, and timelines.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work?
We believe it's having individuals like Matthew on board. He creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Matthew contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Implementation Project Coordinator's, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Schedules appropriate vendors for all new and existing store installations.
- Create schedules and work interactively with vendors and end users to successfully roll out projects to the field within a specific time frame.
- Review and document project status meetings with team members on a regularly scheduled basis and provide updates in writing to the U.S such as Store Operations, TJX Technical Support, DCS and the TJX Network group regarding any projects.
- Identifies and advises of any scope / floor plan changes to modify the project plan / design plan.
- Responsible for contacting stores to create, maintain and update issues logs during project rollouts.
- Assist Sr. Project Analysts in project management, including PO process, equipment inventory, and roll-out scheduling.
- Manage small projects as required.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or equivalent experience required in Project Management field.
- 1 – 2 years Technical experience (both hardware and software) I.E Implementation Analyst or equivalent working experience.
- Bilingual in both English and French, written and oral (for Quebec positions only).
- Organizational and Time Management skills including the ability to multitask in the work place, and adapt to constantly changing priorities and demands.
- The ability to operate independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Personal skills such as resourcefulness and the ability to think in a methodical, analytical and logical manner; including attention to detail and a positive attitude.
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills including analysis of information (i.e. client and system requirements, etc.) and providing staff with solutions to problems.
- Project support skills including preparing and maintaining detailed development plans for projects; identifying potential problems and creating contingency plans to avoid or alleviate potential issues from occurring.
- Communication skills including written and verbal (bilingualism in French would be an asset).
- Presentation skills for project demonstrations and training.
- Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets (for schedules and inventory database) and e-mail, in Word, Excel and Lotus applications.
- Knowledge of Operating Systems such as Unix, Dos, Windows, linux.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.