HRIS Analyst - Contract (maternity leave)
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Nico is an HRIS Analyst in our Human Resources Department. He is responsible for assisting in the development and day-to-day operation of the HRIS by ensuring appropriate system design, testing, implementation, reports generation, system auditing and analysis.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Nico recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Nico. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Nico's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Nico, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our HRIS Analyst's, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Maintain an HRIS System to ensure accuracy, consistency and legislative compliance.
- Act as a liaison between functional users and system development team in defining new user requirements and delivering system enhancements.
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of process flows and related documentation.
- Recommend improvements to current processes and practices.
- Generate ad hoc reports.
- Audit the HRIS system to ensure accurate data integrity.
- Provide assistance when Payroll, Benefits, or the Human Resources Client Support Team encounters problems.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- General knowledge of Payroll and HR department procedures and processes (benefits, Retirement Savings Plans, compensation, overtime, taxes, and vacation).
- Computer skills including knowledge of HRIS (i.e. Lawson); word processing; spreadsheets (i.e. excel); and databases.
- Problem solving skills including analysis of information (i.e. client and system requirements, description of problems, etc.); providing staff with solutions to problems.
- Issue management skills including time management (multi-tasking); information gathering including ability to maintain strict confidentiality; problem solving skills (identifying and correcting errors); organizational skills (prioritizing, sense of urgency, attention to detail).
- Project support skills including preparing and maintaining documentation/logs for projects; understands the principles of project control.
- Communication skills including written and verbal.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and changing environment.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.