Health & Safety Auditor - 5m Contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Marcus is a Health & Safety Auditor in our Health & Safety Department.
He is responsible for executing the Health & Safety Store Audit Program, ensuring it is consistent efficient and productive. In turn this position will be identifying health & safety risk, effective resolution and communication thereof.
When Marcus first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Marcus is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Marcus joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Marcus. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Health & Safety Auditor, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Follow established auditing practices to conduct Health & Safety store audits
- Prepare appropriate audit documentation
- Identifying Health and Safety risk and action plans
- Conduct audit summary meetings with various levels of management with in the business
- Support Health & Safety and Store Operations by assessing and reporting on levels of risk and identifying compliance levels measured against accepted Company Policies/Procedures and legislative requirements.
- Others duties as required
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-Secondary Education in Health & Safety, Business or the like
- Knowledge of retail store operations and audit functions preferable.
- Moderate computer skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety issues preferable.
- Knowledge of retail concepts preferable.
- Strong communication and reporting ability (verbal reports, memos, etc.).
- Strong time management skills.
- Professional, friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Must have driver's license, in good standing, and access to vehicle.
- Required to travel 80% to 90% of the time (overnight travel 40% to 50% of the time).
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.