Global Sourcing & Procurement Project Coordinator Coop (September 2018)
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Daniel is a Project Coordinator Co-op in our Global Sourcing & Procurement Department. He is responsible for coordinating all related project activities and deliverables; utilizing appropriate resources as required; develop and maintain schedules to ensure timely completion of project and monitors progress against targets.
When Daniel first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Daniel is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Daniel joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Daniel, we couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Project Coordinator Co-op, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create all relevant spreadsheets / word documents / PowerPoint documents
- Assist in facilitating all project meetings, responsible for the coordination of, booking, monitoring attendance, distributing materials, taking minutes etc.
- Facilitate/assist in ensuring all project start up and close off of administrative tasks are completed.
- Communicates in a timely manner, the status of each project to all Category Manager/Manager Of'
- Assists in developing plans and schedules for completion of the project ensuring full utilization of all resources
- Research, gathers information, summarizes data
- Review and update activities within a Project tracker (VSMART), in conjunction with Category Manager/Manger Of
- Develop formal project documentation and ensures that all required documentation is forwarded to all parties for all projects
- Assist with contracts and/or contract coordination
- Maintain relationships with internal and external business partners
- Prepare/present materials to various internal business partners
- Assists in project coordination with l service providers to ensure documentation on projects is received / follow up as necessary
- Uploading of contracts into Oracle Contract repository; includes completion of paperwork required for upload Agreement Overview Sheet (AOF)
- Track progress of suppliers' required documentation (i.e. Statement of work, Non-Disclosure agreements, etc.)
- Complete low complex analysis as required by Category Manager
- Perform general office functions
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Skills including organizational skills; interpersonal skills including conflict management; and information gathering including active listening skills.
- Communication skills including facilitation skills; verbal skills; and written skills.
- Problem solving skills including analysis of information and recommending solutions
- Project coordination skills; preparing and maintaining project plans;
- Excellent computer skills including word-processing, spreadsheets; e-mail, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.
- Must currently be enrolled in a post-secondary institution
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.