General Warehouse Associate - Mississauga - Afternoon Shift
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Luna recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Luna. She shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. Her unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment.
Luna is a General Warehouse Associate in our Distribution Centre. She is responsible for merchandise flow through the Distribution Centre and for preparing merchandise for shipment to the appropriate stores.
For the record, Luna's dish for her department potluck has been a game changer. We know Luna your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
But that's Luna. She is one of us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our General Warehouse Associate in our Distribution Centre, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Performs de-assembly of carton packages and separates merchandise while contributing to lay-up efficiency
- Opens boxes and sorts merchandise according to purchase order by style, size, colour, quantity and quality
- Selects and tickets merchandise to ensure accurate quantity and packing
- Packs boxes and totes with appropriate merchandise
- Directs boxes and totes to appropriate area for shipment to stores
- Ensures accuracy of recorded information through manual checks and/or by updating the computer system
- Load and off load merchandise from trucks
- Adheres to all operating processes and standards as established in TJX Canada's Smart Work Methods
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Communication skills to gather information and interact effectively with Associates, Supervisors, truck drivers etc.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency when working with merchandise
- Time management skills to effectively meet deadlines
- Able to work effectively both independently and as a team member
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.