Financial Control Inventory Analyst - contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Nico is a Financial Control Inventory Analyst in our Finance Department. He is responsible for taking on a holistic approach to inventory initiatives and involves preparing analytics, presenting recommendations and supporting partners throughout the company. This role is also responsible for Planning, Forecasting, coordinating all inventory related adjustments, maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the inventory systems
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Nico recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Nico. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Nico's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Nico, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Financial Control Inventory Analyst, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Plan, forecast and report on Inventory adjustments and provide solutions to mitigate business risks
- Prepare & publish various time-sensitive weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly key financial & ad-hoc reports
- Prepare, analyze and present annual and long range budget for Inventory adjustments to the manager
- Maintains the accuracy of unit control & stock ledger
- Ensure timely submissions of all unit and dollar adjustments on a weekly basis and all errors identified by various systems exception reports are Investigated Prepare & review the stock ledger & other GL reconciliations to ensure completeness & accuracy
- Coordinate the year-end process; support physical inventory counts at the distribution centres and collaborate with Auditors to ensure timely year-end audit
- Provides in-depth ad-hoc financial and operational analysis and advice regarding Shrink. Responsible for managing mid-year and year-end inventory counts; collaborates and provides support to Loss Prevention as needed
- Participates in initiatives of departmental process improvements (Benchmarking; Implement & develop training materials)
- Participates in Inventory related ad-hoc Projects and act as a subject matter expert to provide in-depth ad-hoc analysis and financial/technical recommendations
- Ensure strong collaboration and coordination with other Departments
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-Secondary Education in related field e.g. Commerce & Economics
- 2 to 4 years of experience in quantitative analysis
- Working towards business related designation e.g CPA
- Ability to apply an intermediate knowledge of retail accounting integrated with a basic knowledge of supply chain process
- Intermediate level of MS Excel (analysis features) and Financial applications (IMSP, Lawson financial)
- Knowledge of database design/manipulation concepts and proven analytical skills.
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise
- Ability to work in detailed oriented, multi-project environment while meeting tight and fixed deadlines
- Ability to work independently, estimate time required to complete projects; follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members up to date and aware of progress
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.