Financial Control Inventory Analyst - 12 Month Contract
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Nico is a Financial Control Inventory Analyst in our Finance Department. He is responsible for taking on a holistic approach to inventory initiatives and involves preparing analytics, presenting recommendations and supporting partners throughout the company. This role is also responsible for Planning, Forecasting, coordinating all inventory related adjustments, maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the inventory systems
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Nico recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Nico. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Nico's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Nico, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Financial Control Inventory Analyst, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Plan, forecast and report on Inventory adjustments and provide solutions to mitigate business risks
- Prepare & publish various time-sensitive weekly/monthly/quarterly/yearly key financial & ad-hoc reports
- Prepare, analyze and present annual and long range budget for Inventory adjustments to the manager
- Maintains the accuracy of unit control & stock ledger.
- Ensure timely submissions of all unit and dollar adjustments on a weekly basis and all errors identified by various systems exception reports are Investigated Prepare & review the stock ledger & other GL reconciliations to ensure completeness & accuracy
- Coordinate the year-end process; support physical inventory counts at the distribution centres and collaborate with Auditors to ensure timely year-end audit.
- Participates in initiatives of departmental process improvements (Benchmarking; Implement & develop training materials)
- Participates in Inventory related ad-hoc Projects and act as a subject matter expert to provide in-depth ad-hoc analysis and financial/technical recommendations
- Ensure strong collaboration and coordination with other Departments
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you.
here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges You have:
- Post-Secondary Education in related field e.g. Commerce & Economics
- 2 to 4 years of experience in quantitative analysis.
- Working towards business related designation e.g CPA
- Ability to apply an intermediate knowledge of retail accounting integrated with a basic knowledge of supply chain process
- Intermediate level of MS Excel (analysis features) and Financial applications (IMSP, Oracle EBS)
- Knowledge of database design/mani
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.