Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Nico is a Financial Analyst in our Finance Department. He is responsible for accurate and timely reporting of financial data while partnering with various business areas to provide support for accounting/reporting functions including budgeting, forecasting and analyzing variances/ trends to help monitor expenses.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Nico recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Nico. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Nico's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Nico, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Financial Analysts, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Perform general accounting month-end/year-end duties such as sub-ledger close, posting journal entries including accruals/adjusting entries, and compiling balance sheet reconciliations and schedules in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly review packages for Senior Management by compiling the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and all other reporting as required.
- Develop reasonable and meaningful forecasts, annual budgets and support development of long range plans through strong partnerships and input from business areas.
- Establish and maintain business partnerships with various areas to help monitor expenses and increase visibility and accountability by providing financial support via trend analysis, enhanced reporting and ad-hoc reports/analysis.
- Participate in special projects, as assigned.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you.
But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges.
- 3-5 years of experience in financial reporting and/or budgeting capacity (or similar business experience).
- Post-secondary education in related field e.g. Finance/Economics
- Working towards/completed an accounting designation (CPA).
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting procedures (GAAP), ability to identify assets, liabilities, income statement accounts, debits and credits including an understanding of the Company's policies and procedures.
- Possess strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Proactive and possess excellent communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Computer skills including strong spreadsheet (MS Excel) skills, knowledge of accounting software and experience with budgeting tools (Eg. TM1).
- Issue management skills including time management; interpersonal skills including conflict management, information gathering skills, decision making and organizational skills will be key.
- Customer service skills including effectively and efficiently responding to associate inquiries, building relationships with external departments and other associates.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.