Financial Analyst - Merchandise Payables
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Caleb is a Financial Analyst - Merchandise Payables in our Finance Department. He supports the Merchandise Payable & Finance Leadership by generating Payables related reporting and analysis, including preparation of month end reporting, KPIs, Productivity, Landed Factor Analysis, and providing insight on the performance of specialized business driven initiatives.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Caleb. He loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Caleb who push our creative limits. When Caleb isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, He can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. He just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Payable Reporting Analyst, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Collaborate with Merchandise Payable and leadership to review deliverables
- Coordinate with the Reporting Analyst to ensure reporting and analysis are completed in a timely manner
- Create, generate and document moderate to complex financial analysis related to AP transactions as required
- Prepare and complete analysis on specialized business driven initiatives
- Review and interpret analysis and provide recommendations to Management
- Prepares and present Departmental KPIs and resource forecast, identifying trends and areas of concern
- Assist in the monthly preparation of the reconciliation of AP sub-systems to the General Ledger
- Reviews weekly stock-ledger adjustments and report large variances to Management
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with various areas of AP and Financial Control
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Prepare and complete analysis of AP transactions to support internal business partners' decision making
- Partner with the AP to develop and implement process improvements
Other related duties Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you.
But if it does sound right for you here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges You have:
- Post-secondary education in a related to Accounting or Finance
- Working towards CPA designation
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in Financial analysis
- Data manipulation and spreadsheet modelling and is comfortable mining large amounts of data including creating and running SQL/Tableau queries
- Intermediate understanding of Accounts Payable Controls, Policies and Procedures
- Understands complex business workflows that integrate with business areas and understand upstream and downstream impacts of issues
- Strong time management skills (ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and complete deliverables on a timely manner)
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel required, including advanced formulas and Pivot tables
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, multi-project environment while meeting tight and fixed deadlines
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work independently; estimate time required to complete projects; follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members informed of progress
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise
- Intermediate computer skills, including accounting applications (Oracle EBS, Word processing, Keyboarding and email)
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.