Facilities Coordinator Co-op
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk through the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Brice is a Facilities Coordinator Co-op. He's responsible for providing support to the Workplace Services team and Associates as required by working with Compass to ensure service requests are taken care of. He updates floor plans, assists with moves within the office, assists with on-going projects, and participates in committee and team meetings.
Brice is a jack-of-all-trades. He is a strong problem solver and someone who can manage multiple tasks at once. Just make sure he has his coffee in the morning before you even try to start a conversation with him. Even better, if you bring him a cup, you'll be his best friend.
This is Brice. He is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Brice, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Facilities Coordinator Coop, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Be responsible for work with on-site facility management vendor to tag all assets at Home Office.
- Track and note all Iron Mountain bins on the floor plans and update in the FM System.
- Assist with interoffice moves.
- Confirm the location of all Associates for accuracy and update on the floor plans in FM Systems.
- Identify empty offices and workstations and identify these on the floor plans in FM Systems.
- Follow up with hiring managers on the completion of forms for new hires to ensure we have all the pertinent information.
- Enter workstation numbers for new associates in the FM System.
- Handle miscellaneous projects as required.
- Attend Workplace Services Committee and team meetings.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have education or experience in Facilities Management, preferably a corporate environment and working toward an FMP or CFM designation.
- You have strong computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail); any database experience would be an asset.
- Your organizational skills include prioritizing tasks, completing projects on time, and working with short time frames.
- Your problem-solving skills include analytical, research, and mathematical skills (identifying problems, analyzing possible solutions and repairing and maintaining fixes).
- Your administrative skills include filing, word processing, and processing purchase orders.
- You are skilled in issue management, information gathering, customer service and interpersonal relations.
- Your communications skills include written and verbal (internal communication with all levels of the organization and external communication with vendors).
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.