Facilities Coordinator Co-op (May 2018)
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Melissa is a Facilities Coordinator Co-op in our Workplace Services Department. She is responsible for providing support to the Workplace Services team and Associates as required by working with Compass to ensure service requests are taken care of for the Associates, updating floor plans, assisting with moves within the office, assisting with on-going projects, participating in committee and team meetings.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Melissa. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Melissa who push our creative limits. When Melissa isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Facilities Coordinator Co-op, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Responsible for work with on-site facility management vendor to tag all assets at Home Office
- Track and note all Iron Mountain bins on the floor plans and update in the FM System
- Assist with interoffice moves
- Confirm the location of all associates for accuracy and update on the floor plans in FM Systems
- Identify empty offices and workstations and identify these on the floor plans in FM Systems
- Follow up with hiring managers on the completion of forms for new hires to ensure we have all the pertinent information
- Enter workstation numbers for new associates in the FM System
- Miscellaneous projects as required
- Attendance at Workplace Services Committee and team meetings
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Currently enrolled in post-secondary education in Facilities Management – preferably a corporate environment
- Working towards an FMP or CFM designation
- Strong Computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing; e-mail), and Database experience an asset.
- Organizational skills including prioritizing and organizing tasks; time management (i.e. completing projects on time; working with short time frames).
- Problem solving skills including analytical and research and mathematical skills (identifying problems, analyzing possible solutions and repairing and maintaining fixes).
- Administrative skills including filing, word processing, processing purchase orders.
- Issue management skills including information gathering; customer service; and interpersonal skills.
- Communications skills including written and verbal (internal communication with all levels of the organization; external communication with vendors).
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.