Facilities Coordinator Co-op (Jan - Apr 2020)
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Adam is a Facilities Coordinator Co-op in our Workplace Services Department. He is responsible for providing support to the Workplace Services team and Associates as required by working with Compass to ensure service requests are taken care of for the Associates, updating floor plans, assisting with moves within the office, assisting with on-going projects, participating in committee and team meetings.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Adam. He loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Adam who push our creative limits. When Adam isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. He just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Facilities Coordinator Co-op, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Assist with creating office space planning drawings in AutoCad and Revit
- Assist with interoffice moves, coordinating, tracking and logging movements
- Confirm the location of all Home Office associates for accuracy and update the floor plans in the Facility Management Systems
- Identify empty office space and workstations throughout the building, aligning the findings to the floor plans in the Facility Management Systems
- Collaborate with hiring managers ensuring all required forms are received for new hire placement; documenting workstation numbers in the Facility Management Systems
- Creating and documenting process flowcharts and instructions
- Provide support on miscellaneous projects as required
- Participate at Workplace Services Committee and team meetings
- Provide departmental support to retrieving and issuing Lunch Vouchers as requested
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary education program related to Facilities Management, Business Administration or Retail Management
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Revit system
- Working towards an FMP or CFM designation
- Strong Computer skills (spreadsheets, word processing; e-mail), and Database experience an asset.
- Organizational skills including prioritizing and organizing tasks; time management (i.e. completing projects on time; working with short time frames).
- Problem solving skills including analytical and research and mathematical skills (identifying problems, analyzing possible solutions and repairing and maintaining fixes).
- Administrative skills including filing, word processing, processing purchase orders.
- Issue management skills including information gathering; customer service; and interpersonal skills.
- Communications skills including written and verbal (internal communication with all levels of the organization; external communication with vendors).
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.