Facilities Coordinator - 1 yr Contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Gavin is a Facilities Coordinator in our Property Development Department. He is responsible for providing support to all Stores by dispatching service requests to the correct vendor, assisting to resolve issues with contract maintenance and working with vendor to ensure services are properly completed at the Stores; also provides assistance with larger repair projects and follow up for monthly maintenance accruals and service analysis.
Gavin says he appreciates that we go the extra mile to help our Associates maintain a healthy work/life balance. Funny, it doesn't feel like we're doing anything extra. Maybe that's because we pride ourselves on maintaining a family-like environment, and, well, we wouldn't be a very good family if we didn't care about each other's well-being. It's as simple as that.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Facilities Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Responsible for dispatching Store service request to the correct vendors through the software portal system for over 400 locations for a variety of issues, and ensuring that all services are implemented for maximum service and cost control
- Responsible for managing department's shared email box, prioritize, trouble shoot and communicating urgent issues to other team members to ensure there is a 24 business hour response
- Assists in responding to Stores when a maintenance issue arises with any contract vendor (i.e. Cleaners, Waste Management, Pest Control etc.)
- Coordinates in-store projects to ensure they do not interrupt the daily operations of the store (i.e. large repair projects, fire protection testing, etc.)
- Coordinates with other departments and a variety of vendors to ensure store issues are resolved in both a time and cost effective manner
- Provides follow up on larger or longer projects for monthly accrual of maintenance accounts for accuracy and completeness
- Assists in new vendor sourcing and analysis
- Manage in house supplies and distribution as required based on store requests
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- 2 to 3 years of related Maintenance work experience, or equivalent education; with knowledge of maintenance procedures including door and fixture repair, painting, caulking, floor maintenance and ceiling tile replacement; safety precautions; electrical systems; Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC) and hydro procedures
- Good problem solving, analytical and research skills to identify, resolve issues; ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Strong organizational and time management skills including prioritizing tasks time, meeting deadlines, working with short time frames
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to work independently and within a team environment and build relationships at all levels of an organization
- Good administration skills including word processing, processing purchase orders; must have MS Office applications experience
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.