District Coordinator, Full Time, Lower Mainland
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Santiago is a District Coordinator in our Field Operations group for the Western region. He is responsible for providing administrative support to a group of District Managers and maintaining the organization of the district office, communicating information between the District Managers, Home Office, Regional Office and Stores.
When Santiago first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Santiago is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Santiago joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Santiago. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our District Coordinator, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provides full administrative assistance including preparing documents and presentation materials, screening and responding to incoming correspondence, inquiries and phone calls, drafting letters and emails, arranging and attending events and meetings (coordinating accommodations, catering, audio visual equipment, agendas and maps); maintains office files and supplies
- Compiles and summarizes data, preparing regular reports on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly basis for Management review e.g. financial reporting, budget, human resources, customer service etc.
- Coordinates and communicate District human resources activities including management new hires, transfers, terminations, prepare job fair paperwork and new hire packages, provide performance management and merit program support to appropriate areas e.g. Regional Office
- Assists with facilitating Health & Safety orientations for new hires; ensures Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) meeting minutes are accurately documented and communicated; validates monthly JHSC documentation, follows up on corrections
- Accurately tracks and validates vacation, floater and sick days, overtime and Store schedules for District; prepare weekly payroll timesheets as required in Kronos; often responsible for handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature
- Arranges District Manager travel arrangements by providing accurate information pertaining to complete bookings of trips (e.g. flights, cars rentals, hotels, meeting venues etc.); may also arrange travel for Store Management within District for training sessions
- Assists with District and Associate inquiries related to general Store Operations policies and procedures; escalate as necessary to appropriate areas
- Assists with all aspects of new store openings and relocations (attend pre-opening meetings, order supplies, loyalty event and grand opening day support, A/V equipment rentals, meals)
- Assists and/or participate on annual and special projects as assigned
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in administration capacity, preferably in Retail environment
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Office Suite: Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills ability to read, write, communicate and interpret information accurately; fluency in English is mandatory; bilingualism required in Quebec
- Broad understanding of company policies and practices
- Knowledge of finance; including the ability to understand and interpret P&L;'s and various financial reports.
- Administrative expertise including photocopying, filing, mail distribution, scheduling appointments, maintaining room bookings, managing equipment (fax machines, printers); creating reports (including financial reports/spreadsheets), developing memos, letters and reports; coordinating travel arrangements etc.
- Excellent communication skills including written (interoffice memos, reports, vendor letters, etc.); and verbal (telephone)
- Working effectively with minimal supervision, ability to multi-task and realignment of priorities
- Must maintain strict confidentiality; requires discretion, confidentiality and thorough knowledge of the organization's operations, procedures and people
- Highly skilled in time management (multitasking, prioritizing), conflict management (i.e. organizing meetings, satisfying several different time schedules), highly attentive to details, problem solving and decision making
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to implement and manage details, prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.