Distribution Services HR Administrator - 14 month contract - Mississauga
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eva is one of our HR Administrators. She's responsible for the provision of human resources generalist support services to the Distribution Center HR Managers, including Labour Relations, Health and Safety, Claims Management, Talent Acquisition, Training and Development, and HR Data and Metric Maintenance.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Eva. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Eva who push our creative limits. When Eva isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our HR Administrators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Support the DCHR Manager and/or the AR Specialists in the promotion of a positive, inclusive work environment through supporting confidential coaching and counseling to Associates, the timely resolution of issues in accordance with legislation, company values, policies and procedures (i.e. Open Door, Diversity, Performance Management, corrective action, etc.), and also through providing timely responses to questions and inquiries regarding Associate Relations issues.
- Support the DCHR Managers and/or the AR Specialists with the administration/documentation/follow up of all labour relations issues as assigned (i.e. progressive discipline, attendance management, collective agreement interpretation, grievance process); partnering with the Associate Relations Specialist on all issues to ensure consistency in application.
- Participate in the facilitation of AR investigations at both buildings with key responsibilities and focus being on less complex cases, including violence in the workplace, harassment, and discrimination.
- Support the DCHR Manager and/or the AR specialists with DC claims by supporting the administration, documentation, and follow-up of assigned non-occupational sick/illness cases.
- Lead the DCHR Records Retention initiative and ensure compliance to all TJX Canada information management policies by acting as the records champion.
- Support the implementation of all Health and Safety initiatives and practices in the workplace, including adherence to applicable legislative requirements (i.e. OHSA, WSIB, etc.) and company policies/procedures.
- Support Talent Acquisition with the coordination of the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process—for salaried, hourly, and temporary Associates.
- Support the maintenance and analyzing of AR databases with the purpose of building the databases and identifying trends and value-added opportunities, aligning with Distribution Services objectives.
- Provide full administrative assistance, including preparing documents and presentation materials, screening and responding to incoming correspondence, inquiries and phone calls, drafting letters, arranging and attending meetings, recording and distributing meeting minutes, and supporting the AVP Admin Assistant when scheduled at other location.
- Support HR programs and Facility processes as directed.
- Compile and analyze data in order to distribute various reports as directed, such as labour statistics, attendance management statistics, etc.
- Act as a floater between Distribution Centers and/or AR Specialist /DC Admin back up during vacation, absences, conferences, training, volume, etc.
- Other duties as assigned and supports any HR team member as required.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You must have at least 1-2 years of experience as a Human Resources Generalist with a focus on Labour or Associate Relations; you must have a college diploma, bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- You must have (or be working toward) a Human Resources designation such as CHRP or equivalent.
- You have strong knowledge of Associate and Labour Relations, including the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, and collective agreement provisions; plus, monitor and implement provincial and federal legislative changes.
- You have demonstrated knowledge of compensation, benefits, training and development.
- Your customer service skills include responding to all Associate and Operations Management inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
- You are comfortable dealing with high-pressure telephone calls; identifying stated and unstated customer needs; building relationships with Distribution Centre Operations Management and Associates; plus, escalating any conflicts or problems that might arise, etc.
- You have strong issue management skills, including time management, prioritizing multiple demands, handling a high-volume workload, gathering information, maintaining strict confidentiality, and problem-solving (identifying and correcting errors).
- You have great interpersonal skills and can work with Associates at all levels, build collaborative relationships, and work well with others in a team setting, etc.
- Your computer skills include knowledge of Human Resource Systems (i.e. Kronos, Oracle) word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and email.
- Your project support skills include maintaining detailed development plans for projects; understanding and applying principles of project control; and the ability to manage projects within one or more systems.
- Your communication skills include written (reports, letters, agendas) and verbal (communication with Associates and Management at all levels).
- You have the ability to maintain confidences.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.