Distribution Services Financial Analyst - Contract
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Adam is a Distribution Services Financial Analyst in our Distribution Services Department. He is responsible for the financial reporting, planning and analysis for the DS organization that enables them to make informed operational decisions.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Adam recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Nico. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Adam's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Adam, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Distribution Services Financial Analyst, we'd ask you to do the following:
Responsible for the preparation and submission of:
- Annual expense budget for Distribution Services
- Monthly rolling plans and variance analysis
- Month end reporting and accruals
- Responsible for the Analysis and Forecasting related to:
- Monthly/quarterly/annual expense variances
- Payroll weekly/monthly/quarterly/annually
- DC Capital projects and expense
- Support the DS Organization with ad hoc financial analysis
- Provide financial support for all DC operations and support functions
- Monitors DC Capital Expenditures.
- Provide weekly KPI reporting for the DCs.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post-secondary education in related field e.g. Business/Economics
- Working towards business related designation e.g.CPA, MBA or similar
- 2 to 4 years of Accounting experience with exposure to financial reporting, forecasting and analysis supporting Distribution and Supply Chain Operations.
- Ability to apply knowledge of GAAP & TJX accounting policies to develop and lead tactical initiatives in support of the operations team with guidance from Senior Management.
- Proven analytical & problem solving skills including analysis of information and research skills with knowledge of database design/manipulation concepts.
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, multi-project environment while meeting tight and fixed deadlines.
- Ability to work independently; estimate time required to complete projects; follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members up to date and aware of progress.
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquiries or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise.
- Advanced computer skills; including word processing, spreadsheets (i.e. advanced Excel) and email; knowledge of accounting software (i.e. Lawson), databases (i.e. TM1); and data manipulation tools
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.