Distribution Centre Loss Prevention Supervisor
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Layla is a Distribution Centre LP Supervisor in our Loss Prevention Department. She is responsible for leading the security team and supporting all LP awareness and shrink programs, completing audits and ensuring asset protection programs are maintained in partnership with DC Operations and DCLP Management.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work? We believe it's having individuals like Layla on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Layla contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Distribution Centre LP Supervisor, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Provides direction and supports development of Loss Prevention Associates, Coordinators and contract Security Guards.
- Assists in the execution of shrink reduction programs in areas of awareness, audits, and training in partnership with Operations Management and the Loss Prevention team
- Supports investigation of incidents, accidents, and situations that may affect the assets of the company, partnering with Operations Supervisors to ensure compliance with all security / Loss Prevention processes, policies and procedures
- Maintaining security systems and ensuring controls are in place to protect company assets
- Responsible for LP audit information and incidents, communication of information and submission of written reports in a timely manner.
- Participating in shrink committees and daily operations meetings
- Directing the DC Associates during emergency situations
- Leading and supporting internal investigations involving employee theft, harassment, etc.
- Communicating and maintaining relationship with local police, vendors and fire departments
- Operating within pre-established expenses and capital budget
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Law and Security Diploma and/or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of Distribution Centre LP experience or equivalent
- A valid provincial security license or provincial private investigator license is required
- General knowledge of LP equipment and function (CCTV, radios, fire alarm panel, etc.
- Investigation and Interviewing skills, including identifying alert signals and obtaining evidence while investigating cases of crime or neglect
- Conflict resolution skills
- Organizational, interpersonal, and active listening skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with DC Operations and DC Support teams
- Analytical skills
- Coordination of tasks including ensuring the appropriate individuals are notified of tasks and timelines; collecting the information in a timely manner and coordination of information.
- Computer Skills
- Be flexible to schedule changes due to business needs
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.