DC Merchandise Controller - Afternoon Shift - Brampton - 1, Mississauga - 1
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Jonah is a Merchandise Controller in our Distribution Centres (DC). He is responsible for ensuring the quality, value and seasonality of merchandise shipped to the DC while facilitating effective production flow in the DC. He is also responsible for acting as an integral liaison between Distribution Services and the Home Office Merchandising department in representing the interests of Merchandising and Planning & Allocation departments.
When Jonah first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Jonah is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Jonah joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Jonah. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Controllers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Oversees and ensure that damage/problem merchandise and RTVs are identified and processed according to established guidelines.
- Responsible for inspecting merchandise for all legal labeling requirements (ie. CSA, Bilingual, fabric content, Country of origin etc.)
- Assesses and ensures appropriateness of logos, graphics, hangtags, and merchandise to the stores.
- Responsible for identifying discrepancies (i.e. merchandise not originally ordered) and partners with planning to assign appropriate descriptions and retail.
- Maintains effective communication, utilizing various communication tools (i.e. phone, email, digital imaging) when partnering with the Merchandise Assistants, Buying and Planning departments, and DC Management to facilitate efficient processing and facility production flow.
- Analyses and resolves complex issues pertaining to merchandise (i.e. not on purchase order, pre-tickets orders, samples, etc.) in Mainframe and SCAN. Monitors and ensures that merchandise is of correct value to our customers in terms of fashion, quality, price and brand. Appropriately challenges WMI retail price and ensures that "comparable at price" on the tickets reflects the Company standards of 20-60% off. In conjunction with Planning follows established procedures in order to optimize processing efficiencies.
- Proactively addresses vendor compliance issues and opportunities. Ensures all vendor non-compliance issues are identified and captured in the SCAN compliance log.
- Executes merchant direction by pulling samples for advertisements and in store promotions.
- Builds and maintains effective collaborate working relationships with hourly Associates, DC management and Planning and Allocation.
- Supports cross functional activities Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Education: OSSD Grade 12 or equivalent. College degree in business administration or fashion merchandising an asset.
- Minimum two (2) or more years retail merchandising and/or Distribution experience.
- General knowledge of all aspects of merchandising, including brand, fashion, quality and price.
- Ability to be flexible with strong organizational and time management skills. Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate computer skills including word processing, email and knowledge of mainframe application i.e. IMSP and SCAN).
- Ability to develop effective collaborative working relationships with Distribution Services, Management, Associates and external contacts.
TJX Associates interested in applying to the position, please ensure prior to applying to the role, you have partnered with your direct manager to review the opportunity. In order to be considered for the role, please upload your completed endorsement form.
Application Deadline: October 18, 2019
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.