DC Maintenance Supervisor - Brampton - Afternoon Shift
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Brayden is a Maintenance Supervisor in one of our distribution centres, where he's in charge of ensuring that all material handling equipment in the DC is in proper working order and he's in charge of inspiring his team to exceed all expectations? It's a skill some Maintenance Supervisors learn in college, but others acquire it during their two years of previous maintenance, warehousing, distribution centre leadership experience. What is the secret to great leadership? Brayden says it's collaboration. He believes that a team is greater than the sum of its parts. He's built a highly diverse team that ambitiously pursues their goals. And we have a funny feeling we know where they learned such behaviour. That's the thing about great leaders. People follow in their footsteps.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Maintenance Supervisors we'd ask you to do the following:
- Responsible for overseeing and ensuring that all material handling equipment is functioning properly.
- Accountable for ensuring that all building fixtures are functioning properly and execute the preventive maintenance accordingly.
- Develops collaborative working relationships with internal team and external contractors that support the overall achievement of facility goals.
- Executes and participates in the implementation of large capital projects ensuring budgeted timing and costs are met.
- Adheres to the Collective Bargaining Agreement to promote positive associate relations
- Supervises and provides direction to Associates to ensure all maintenance requirements are met within the required timelines.
- Responsible for addressing daily maintenance issues and escalating complex issues to management.
- Participate in and support special projects as assigned
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges.
- Minimum high school diploma, post-secondary education in related field an asset
- Minimum two (2) years maintenance, warehousing, Distribution Centre experience with minimum one (1) year in supervisory, team lead position
- Strong knowledge and understanding of mechanical principles, including servicing, i.e. related to power lift trucks, conveyor systems, electrical systems, Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning (HVAC), and general mechanical procedures; preventive maintenance practices
- Demonstrated management skills including organizational, facilitation, and negotiating skills including conflict management
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to act as a collaborative partner with management and positively influence management and staff to act in the best interest of the Company
- Good collaborative skills including negotiation, organizational, interviewing, conflict management, information gathering and active listening skills
- Solid people management skills including coaching, providing advice and guidance to Associates to resolve issues/problems; evaluating performance and providing feedback to team members; participate in the recruitment, selection, and orientation of staff
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
- Strong organizational development skills including change management, time management; ability to implement and manage details, prioritize, time manage and multi-task with limited supervision and sometimes under time pressure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to read, write, communicate and interpret information accurately; able to developing and building relationships with internal and external partners/team members; customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquiries or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise
TJX Associates interested in applying to the position, please ensure prior to applying to the role, you have partnered with your direct manager to review the opportunity. In order to be considered for the role, please upload your completed endorsement form.
Application Deadline: Friday, November 22, 2019
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.