Customer Service/Operations Coordinator
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Daniel is one of our Customer Service/Operations Coordinators, which means he's responsible for assigning priorities and providing direction for customer service, as well as for ensuring that operations, clerical, and office activities are all well managed. His position requires customer-service and problem-solving skills, which Daniel has in spades.
He also has an uncanny talent for playing bridge. He says it's because his late grandmother whispers tips in his ear, but we like to think he's joking.
Still, this is Daniel. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Daniel, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Customer Service/Operations Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Understand and be knowledgeable of BEST operational standards, and monitor service area performance against these standards
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to customer service, service area compliance, and markdowns
- Review weekly MAP and CommPak, and support communication of change to service areas, updating appropriate communications boards
- Help incorporate sales information to drive sales for your given area of responsibility, which includes all frontline features, fixtures, and jewelry
- Assign and direct the work of your fellow Associates
- Ensure that operation, clerical, and office activities are well managed
- Maintain and present information on communications boards
- Support the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Hold the authority to approve returns, customer-requested markdowns, Associate bag checks, merchandise holds, etc.
- Train and develop all Associates in cash office and markdown procedures and policies
- Conduct new hire orientations
- Maintain a store cross-training chart
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've earned your high school diploma
- You have two years of relevant experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at WMI
- You have strong technical knowledge of all store systems
- You have strong problem-solving and customer-service skills that will help you respond to customer complaints and inquiries, identify stated and unstated customer needs, and respond to inquiries from Associates
- Your communication skills include verbal, written, active-listening skills
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.