Corporate Organized Retail Crime Supervisor- East Region
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Layla is an Organized Retail Crime Supervisor in our Loss Prevention Department. She is responsible for detecting, investigating, reporting and prosecuting (civil and criminal) incidents of external fraud, chronic offenders and Organized Retail Crime. As the supervisor, this position is responsible for leading the ORC team through managing and prioritizing work load to ensure timely and accurate case resolution.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work? We believe it's having individuals like Layla on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Layla contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Organized Retail Crime Supervisors, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Detect and apprehend people or persons committing theft and fraud against TJXC stores and facilitate their civil and criminal prosecution. Specific focus on chronic offenders, offenders involved in organized theft or refund fraud schemes.
- Complete the prosecution process by reporting to police, building case reports, attending court and testifying as required.
- Investigate, identify and report issues regarding external theft and shrink causing issues affecting TJXC stores to the appropriate members of loss prevention.
- Monitor trends in the payment card industry and strategize action to coordinate with TJXC LP business model and prevent losses.
- Manage accurate case files and investigation records.
- Responsible for direct communication and reporting to the Regional Investigations Manager, Regional Loss Prevention Manager and all other partners accordingly.
- Point guard for all monthly statistical reporting.
- Act as the lead with other ORC team members to ensure the effectiveness of case detection and resolution.
- Report opportunities for training, learning and development within the team to the Regional Investigations Manager and assist accordingly.
- Develop effective partnerships with other loss prevention members, store management and outside agencies including police, courts, other retailers and other LP related organizations
- Support the Regional Loss Prevention team in all areas of loss and assist where required with store, internal & supply chain investigations.
- Gather video evidence from all stores in regards to activities that directly relate to TJXC loss.
- Prepare alerts in accordance with TJXC policy and distribute in a timely manner.
- Work closely with Store Investigations Team & District Loss Prevention Managers to identify trends and areas of concern where directly associated to loss.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum of two (2) years as Corporate Fraud Investigator or Internal Investigator (multi-store) or as multi-store Loss Prevention Manager or similar experience related to investigating external fraud and Organized Retail Theft activity.
- Must have High School Diploma, Post-Secondary Education is preferred.
- Possesses a provincial security license is required to be employed in this position (some provinces). As required by law, the applicant must be currently licensed under the applicable provincial statue and regulation prior to commencement of employment. Maintaining that license is also a requirement of employment as long as it is legally required.
- Proven experience and success in Organized Retail Theft investigations.
- Proven experience with Exception Reporting System Software in retail setting.
- Excellent moral character and no criminal or similar convictions for which a pardon was not granted.
- Strong knowledge of retail operations and processes.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Criminal Code related to relevant offenses and rulings/decisions.
- Strong computer and analytical skills are a must.
- Excellent reporting skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to lead and influence others in a team environment to achieve all business objectives.
- Must possess superior time management skills.
- Training and experience in Interviewing/Interrogation skills.
- Surveillance experience.
- Vehicle, valid driver's license with good driving record.
- Must work well under pressure.
- Must embody the TJX core values.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.