Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Nico is a Cash Accountant in our Finance Department. He is responsible for reconciling corporate bank accounts which ensures all sales transactions are settled in the bank daily. Also, this position is responsible for the posting of journal entries and the creation of analysis and reports related to banking and other month-end activities and reconciliations.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Nico recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Nico. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Nico's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Nico, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Cash Accountant, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Reconciles company bank accounts to ensure they are accurate and that all information has been reflected in the General Ledger.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations for assigned accounts including investigating and following up on any discrepancies.
- Performs daily customer processing including the investigation and resolution of discrepancies. This includes processing transactions, completing, investigating and responding to customer service and store cases in a timely manner.
- Communicates with bank and other third parties as well as internal departments to TJX Canada, such as Accounts Payable and Sales Audit to resolve issues.
- Prepares all necessary journal entries related to bank reconciliations and month end entries including accruals and ensure all journal entries are accurately prepared and posted on time to maintain the accuracy of the General Ledger.
- Responsible for day to day cash management including the depositing of cash and cheques, completion of wire transfers, and reporting bank account balances to interested parties.
- Prepares weekly audit to ensure successful settlement of cash, debit and credit. Any issues are actioned immediately and brought to the attention of management.
- Assist management with periodic ad hoc analysis and reporting.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Completed post-secondary education specializing in accounting
- 2 to 3 years of related accounting experience and/or have an accounting designation.
- Advanced knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), ability to identify assets, liabilities, income statement accounts, debits and credits including an understanding of the Company's policies and practices.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, in particular the analysis features of these programs.
- Knowledge of database design/manipulation concepts and proven analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, multi-project environment while meeting tight and fixed deadlines.
- Ability to work independently; estimate time required to complete projects; follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members up to date and aware of progress.
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts or problems that might arise.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.