Business Planning Analyst
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Stefano is a Business and Planning Analyst in our Finance Department. He is responsible for the preparation and analysis of the Annual Financial Plan process along with all other activities related to it. This role will also be highly involved in current forecasting and Long Range Plan activities throughout the year along with other ad hoc business support analysis and requests.
Fun fact: Developing talent is just as important as attracting it. When we first met Stefano, we could see immense potential. We not only hired him for this role, but for the opportunities we knew he could grow into. Most organizations focus on the here and now. Well, we're not like most organizations. We also have a genuine interest in your future. So go for it, Stefano, we are right there with you!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Business and Planning Analyst's, we'd ask you to do the following:
Business Planning & Analysis:
- Participate in the preparation and analysis of all financial planning processes (long range, annual, monthly, daily forecasting) through communication and collaboration with Business Partners
- Analyze monthly financial statements and variances to plan/rolling plan (Income Statements and Balance Sheet)
- Analyze historical sales trends and incorporate external variables to build daily sales forecasts
- Performs data querying to create and produce reports to support business needs
- Partners with Merchandise Planning, Store Operations, and Marketing to stream line and make efficient use of corporate information as well as meet business objectives
- Prepare presentations for Senior Executives
- Present analysis to Senior Executives
- Performs other ad hoc analysis to support business needs
- Partners with various project leads to provide external market intelligence and internal financial analysis
- Partners with Managers and/or AVPs when gathering business needs and communicating results
- Project-manage ad-hoc reports and contributes to market optimization initiatives
- Partners with the business to provide support materials to enhance internal decision making
- Scenario plans and evaluates competitor's market strategies
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Post- Secondary Education in related field e.g. Mathematics/Statistics. Economics, Engineering, Accounting, Finance or other quantitative disciplines
- Working towards business related designation e.g. CPA, CFA, MBA
- Minimum 2 - 4 years of experience in financial planning and/or analysis
- Knowledge in statistical theory would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, in particular the analysis features of these programs. Knowledge of VBA, Oracle, TM1 and Hyperion would be an asset
- Knowledge of database design/manipulation concepts
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a detail-oriented, multi-project environment while meeting tight and fixed deadlines
- Ability to work independently; estimate time required to complete projects; follow up on assignments, and keep appropriate team members up to date and aware of progress
- Customer service skills including efficiently and effectively responding to inquires or resolving any conflicts/problems that might arise
- Enthusiasm to continue learning and enhancing one's skills
- Investigative seeker, innovative thinker with a passion for quantitative analysis and desire to continually add value and help achieve business results
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.