Business Analyst III
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Mark is a Business Analyst III in our Systems Department. He is responsible for liaising with technical teams and business partners to provide support in order to deliver solutions for finance applications.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Mark. He loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Mark who push our creative limits. When Mark isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, he can be found in team huddles and scoring big with his soccer team on weekends. He just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Business Analyst III , we'd ask you to do the following:
- Has developed a strong understanding of the business operations in a domain
- Provides sizing/estimates of BA work during a planning phase
- Analyzes complex cross functional business processes, and defines integrated business and solution requirements using industry standard methodologies and techniques, and is able to apply modified approaches and techniques to meet different circumstances
- Defines the BA approach/plan
- Ensures that the overall testing process encompasses the end to end solution
- Partners with stakeholders to drive user adoption of the designed processes and solution
- Communicates with business SMEs to ensure expectations are kept in line with project status
- Participates in the knowledge transfer to support organizations
- Owns BA deliverables on medium to large projects .
- Supports organizational change and training
- Analyzes and manages scope changes
- May have responsibility for some technical/configuration work on third party product solutions
- Special projects, as assigned
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- 5+ years of experience
- Bachelor's or associates degree preferred
- Experienced hire - Relevant business experience with Business Analysis experience across multiple projects in at least 3 full project life cycles, including one complex project
- Experience with the Accounts Payables, Finance ERP system
- Experience working with Oracle Retail Suite is preferred
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps tools such as JiRA, Confluence is an asset
- Can clearly demonstrate delivering artifacts for each project phase, and link the business value created with the process improvement
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to independently tailor them based on situations
- Mastery level Business Analysis skill, including advanced requirements elicitation and management
- Advanced facilitation skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Demonstrates an ability to handle higher levels of process and solution complexity
- Knowledge of IT technologies relevant to TJX
- Knowledge of industry tools and trends
- Ability to proactively identify and diagnose more complex problems & opportunities
- Comfortable operating under a range of applicable project methodologies, including waterfall and scrum/agile e.g. Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and different roles within the framework
- Ability to coach and mentor other BA's
- Strong understanding of the inputs, deliverables and methodologies of other key Solution Delivery roles, such as Project Management, Solution Engineering, QA, etc.
- Good working knowledge of the relevant domain (Finance, Merchandize Operations, Supply Chain, etc), plus the capacity to learn more over time, in order to become a credible domain expert
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.