Business Analyst II 1
Success is always in style at TJX! Continue to explore career opportunities at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. With over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates in 2016, TJX is an exciting place to grow your career!
Business Analyst II
We are looking for a Business Analyst II to join our North American Selling and Store Operations Solution Delivery team. Using knowledge of industry best practices and business analysis skills you will help plan, analyze and define leading solutions to our rapidly growing North American and Canadian divisions.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
With some guidance or coaching from a more experienced BA, works closely with Business and IT SME's in performing the following activities in support of assigned projects or initiatives:
- Develops a strong understanding of the business operations in a domain
- Act as product owner on agile team for North American POS project
- Analyzes business processes, and elicits and defines both business and solution requirements using industry standard methodologies
- May provide input for the sizing/estimation of BA work during a planning phase
- Defines the BA approach/plan
- Drives Stakeholder identification and analysis
- Collaborates on the development of Test Strategies and Plan(s)
- Drives the creation of user acceptance test cases and manages User Acceptance Test execution and approval
- Partners with the stakeholders to help drive user adoption of the solution.
- Acts as day-to-day liaison between business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and technical teams
- May support the implementation planning and execution of solutions
- Owns BA deliverables and related compliance on small to medium projects
- May provide limited guidance to less experienced BAs
- Supports organizational change and training
- Involved in analyzing and managing scope changes
- May have responsibility for some technical/configuration work on third party product solutions
- Executes special projects, as assigned
- Makes recommendations for process improvements.
- Determines appropriate BA approach & related techniques
Skills / Knowledge
- Strong communication skills, and with some direction can tailor the style and medium to the audience
- Proficient Business Analysis skills, including user test preparation and management
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experienced in requirements elicitation and management, using a variety of techniques
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to decompose more complex problems and/or processes into logical parts
- Comfortable operating with at least one applicable project methodology (e.g. waterfall, scrum/ agile) agile scrum preferred
- Basic understanding of the inputs, deliverables and methodologies of other key Solution Delivery roles, such as Project Management, Solution Engineering, QA, DevOps, etc.
- Knowledge of Jira and Confluence a plus
2 years of relevant business experience and demonstrated Business Analysis experience in requirements definition, design and test phases of a project
Minimum Formal Education
Bachelor's or associates degree preferred
What's In It For You?
TJX has campuses conveniently located off the Mass Pike and Route 495. With us, you'll not only enjoy working for an industry leader, but we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.