Business Analyst - Global Finance Systems
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Elizabeth is a Business Analyst – Global Finance Systems in our Systems Department. She is responsible for providing business analysis and functional expertise in the Finance areas. This person will effectively support global objectives, participate in multi-national business technology solutions and leverage business analysis, Finance business process and application expertise to effectively complete BA deliverables on projects.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the teamwork?
We believe it's having individuals like Elizabeth on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Elizabeth contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Business Analyst's, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Analyzes business processes, elicits and defines both business and functional requirements.
- Responsible for creation, execution and communication of the project BA plan (estimates, schedule and deliverables).
- Creates/revises/executes the following deliverables using industry standard techniques:
- Process maps
- Data flow diagrams
- Requirements specifications
- Use case scenarios
- Acceptance testing
- Drives adoption of the solution with the end user community.
- Acts as day-to-day liaison between business Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and technical teams.
- Works closely with Business SMEs in the definition, testing, training, implementation, and support of functional requirements.
- Works with architects and other IT groups to ensure that system architecture meets business requirements.
- Creates strong partnerships with business stakeholders and IT partners.
- Networks with the BA community to share best practice and develop BA competency.
- Leads special projects as assigned.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Experience with Agile methodology and DevOps delivery model a plus.
- CBAP/CCAB certification a plus.
- Basic knowledge of SPI, PCI, PII and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years IT Business Analyst experience.
- Experience working with Finance business processes and applications.
- Experience in Finance and Tax applications like Vertex Sales and Use Tax, ReconNet financial reconciliation, various Tax reporting systems, Oracle e-Business Suite Finance modules or similar finance enterprise applications, Financial Planning and Reporting application like Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Financial Management etc.
- Advanced degree and applicable certifications a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to elicit and analyze business requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver functional specifications, system configuration and test cases.
- Knowledge of IT Software development lifecycle and understanding of IT project methodology.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member alongside matrix project teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.