BILINGUAL HR Express Coordinator
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Melissa is a Bilingual HR Express Coordinator in our Human Resources Department. She is responsible for all HR administration and data processing activities that will not be completed through
Manager and Employee Self Service functionality and that support HR processes related to onboarding, benefits administration, terminations, etc. This position also researches issues escalated from HR Express Advisors and communicates results to Managers and Associates.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work?
We believe it's having individuals like Melissa on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Melissa contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Bilingual HR Express Coordinator's, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Research issues that HR Express Advisors cannot resolve while on phone with Associate or Manager and communicate results/resolution to Associate or Manager. Log resolution in Contact Management System
- Run reports to identify new hires and prepare and distribute New Hire Welcome Package
- Run report to reconcile whether all support documentation (e.g. beneficiary forms) has been received from Associates who processed benefit enrollment/changes through ESS and follow up with Associates as necessary
- Run report to identify voluntary terminations, and prepare and distribute termination confirmation letter
- Data entry of Associate Personal Information changes (address changes, banking information, marital status, benefits, RSP's and LOA's) in Oracle for all Associates who do not adopt ESS or for changes that cannot be done via ESS (e.g. last name change)
- Data entry in Oracle and UltiPro for all transactions for VPs and above not processed through MSS (e.g. Executive Officer title changes, compensation changes, new hires, terminations, etc.)
- Data entry of TD1 exceptions for all Associates
- Process all involuntary terminations in Oracle/UltiPro
- Verifying all data entry through generating weekly and bi-weekly Audit Trail Report
- Preparing standard letters (e.g. confirmation of employment) for Associates
- Participating in special projects as assigned
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum - College Diploma preferably in Human Resources
- 1 – 2 years of customer service experience preferably in a call centre environment (this is the feeder pool for the HR Express Advisor position)
- Knowledge of Payroll and HR department procedures and processes (benefits, Retirement Savings Plans, compensation, learning and development, statutory holidays, overtime, taxes, and vacation)
- In depth understanding of the set-ups of multiple benefit and retirement plans
- Knowledge of the employment related legislation in all provinces
- Customer service skills including effectively and efficiently communicating resolution to escalated Associate and Manager inquiries (requiring more in depth or time consuming research); building rapport; escalating any conflicts or problems that might arise; etc
- Good computer and data entry skills including knowledge of Human Resource Systems (i.e. Oracle, UltiPro); good knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel
- Attention to detail skills and able to identify and correct own errors
- Communication skills including written (reports, letters, memos) and verbal (communication with Associates and Managers)
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.