Bilingual Customer Service Coordinator
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Santiago is a Bilingual Customer Service Coordinator in our Marketing Department. He is responsible for responding to and resolving customer concerns from both French and English markets across Canada. This position is also responsible for documenting all customer correspondence, and assisting with program administration and reporting for store customer service program, incentive gift card program and general liability claims.
When Santiago first came on board, he said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored his own. Santiago is genuine, engaging and approachable. He currently holds the top score for his department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say he could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Santiago joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Santiago. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Bilingual Customer Service Coordinator, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Effectively and efficiently responding to customer inquiries/feedback through telephone, email, letters etc. resolving any conflicts or problems that have been identified
- Liaise with stores to investigate customer opportunities and/or respond to inquiries by communicating action plan to ensure amicable customer resolution
- Review and approve, with Supervisor authorization, monetary compensation to customers, documenting information within customer service database, keeping team members informed of cases as they arise
- Reviews customer feedback with stores and consult with internal partners to resolve problems and/or respond to inquiries along with communicating proposed recommendations.
- Provide feedback on customer experiences received with Supervisor to share with internal partners, including but not limited to Loyalty, Marketing, Systems, Loss Prevention, Store Operations
- Administer gift card program including activating and issuing gift cards based on orders
- Assist and/or participate on annual and special projects e.g. assist with compiling customer service program results to review and inform future programs
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- 2 to 3 years of related work experience
- Minimum secondary school education required
- Strong communication skills (written; verbal) including active listening skills and fluency in both official languages (English and French)
- General knowledge of customer service including an understanding of the Company's policies and practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills (i.e. the ability to manage multiple situations)
- Excellent customer service and problem-solving/ conflict management skills including analyzing situations based on information gathered; determining solutions to resolve customer issues and/or deal with complaints in order to ensure customer satisfaction
- Proven information gathering skills including ability to obtain information from customers over the telephone in order to develop a good understanding of the situation at hand; ability to ask appropriate questions and ability to gather relevant information
- Good computer skills including Microsoft applications
Success is our favourite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.