Associate, Part-Time, Winners, Dufferin
This position is responsible for providing ongoing, prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to all customers. Required to work in multiple areas of the store.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understands and is knowledgeable of BEST operational standards and monitors service area performance against these standards.
- Replenishes fixtures, bunks and shelves in an orderly and accurate manner.
- Executes merchandising policies and maintains standards.
- Completes markdowns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Initiates and participates in store recovery as needed.
- Processes and prepares merchandise for the sales floor utilizing the principles of WorkSmart.
- Responsible for the daily processing of shipments, organization and set-up of the warehouse area in keeping with all policies and procedures and in a clean and safe manner.
- Maintenance/stock duties when required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of customer service while processing all refunds, exchanges, and purchases in accordance with company guidelines.
- Responsible for the daily administration of store funds in and out of the cash office.
- Monitors the adherence to all company policies and procedures with regard to registers and cash office procedures.
- Ensures that all registers are processed accurately and that all funds are balanced and verified daily.
- High School education or equivalent work experience.
- Six (6) months retail experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of one (1) year of internal or external related experience in a stock, warehouse, shipping and receiving, distribution or processing environment.
- Ability to set up and maintain a warehouse environment with the capacity to perform minor repairs.
- Sound organizational and time management skills.
Health and Safety:
- Health and Safety in the workplace applies to everyone at WMI.
- An Internal Responsibility System makes all parties in the workplace jointly responsible and equally involved to act on all Health and Safety matters.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties, and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.