Assistant Store Manager of Operations and Customer Service, Winners, Charlottetown PEI
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Nico is an Assistant Store Manager of Operations . He Oversees' the efficient operation of the cash office, markdowns, human resources and scheduling functions. Assist's in backroom processes, merchandising standards and presentation. Models TJX Canada values every day during daily interactions with Associates and Customers.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Nico recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Nico. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Nico's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Nico, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open & continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions Associates if required.
- Create and maintain a positive environment.
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place.
- Participate and support the other Assistant Managers in the process of recruiting and hiring Associates.
- Facilitate the New Hire onboarding. Reinforce and support the compliance to store structure and compensation guidelines.
- Partner with other Management members to ensure that training programs are conducted and Associates development plans are completed.
- Continually assesses cross training of Associates and the ability to meet the business needs. Create action plans to resolve any issues.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in Fitting Rooms, Jewellery, Frontline and Cash Office. Ensure all other reviews are conducted in a timely manner.
- Provide coaching, training and development to the Operations Coordinator, Cash Office, Jewellery, Frontline and Fitting Room Associates.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans for self and Coordinators.
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Communicate sales goals and other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Actively Participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Create action plans with Store Manager and other Assistant Managers to maximize and drive sales.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings.
- Partner with the Management Team to ensure the right number of Associates have been cross trained to support receiving, processing and merchandising.
- Adhere to all TJX Canada policies and procedures and guide execution to drives sales.
- Create and validate CRT's * assigned are completed to standard.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Merchandise, AM of Customer Service and/or Store Manager.
- Support and execute the Joy Project * to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager.
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On Duty Program *.
- Provide leadership to Associates on delivering excellent customer service.
- Address immediate customer service issues and provide appropriate coaching to Associates if required.
- Support the processes in the Service Areas (Frontline, Fitting Room, Jewellery) and ensure Associates deliver friendly customer service.
- Understand and support the Customer Service Manager in achieving the established customer service metrics.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
- Responsible for sales between $8 to $20 million
- Responsible up to eighty (80) Associates per Store
Health and Safety:
- Health and Safety in the workplace applies to everyone at WMI.
- An Internal Responsibility System makes all parties in the workplace jointly responsible and equally involved to act on all Health and Safety matters.
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.