Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service St. Albert Marshalls/Homesense
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Jane is an Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service. She is responsible for overseeing the efficient operation of the service areas and maintenance functions. She assists in managing backroom processes and merchandising standards and presentation. Jane Models TJX Canada values every day during daily interactions with Associates and Customers.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the teamwork? We believe it's having individuals like Jane onboard. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Jane contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create a positive environment that fosters open & continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions Associates if required.
- Create and maintain a positive environment.
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place.
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Manage social committee; review Associates suggestions to support 'Great Place to Work'.
- Participate and support the other Assistant Managers with recruitment.
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies and procedures for all service areas.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans * for self and Coordinators.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in the service areas.
- Partner with the Assistant Manager of Operations to ensure the right number of Associates have been cross trained to support service areas and maintenance.
- Communicate sales goals and other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Create action plans with Store Manager and other Assistant Managers to maximize and drive sales.
- Communicate Jewellery and Gift Cards goals daily to Associates.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Review service area; Queue Line, Jewellery presentation, Gift cards fixtures, maintenance, trends, and opportunities with the Store Manager and respective Coordinators to meet and align business and customer needs.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings.
- Adhere to all TJX Canada policies and procedures.
- Create and validate CRT's * assigned are completed to standard.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Operations, AM of Merchandise and/or Store Manager.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to service areas, maintenance and compliance.
- Have a full understanding of TJX Canada standards and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Execute all policies and procedures to reduce risk and expense, example; following store opening and closing procedures.
- Conduct walkthroughs with external cleaning company and ensure standards are met prior to signing off the cleaning sheet. Escalates any issues to the maintenance department.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, complete the Master Store Tour * and discuss with management to determine execution plan.
- In the absence of AM of Operations support is required with the following:
- operational areas such as service areas, cash office and markdowns
- managing Shrink Reduction Programs
- managing Health and Safety Programs
- Manage customer flow at frontline, fitting rooms and jewellery by properly maintaining required staffing levels and manage service areas to provide efficient service.
- Utilize the fundamentals of off price Service Area Reference Guide * and validate compliance.
- Ensure registers are functioning properly and all service areas are equipped with enough supplies and opening and closing frontline procedures are followed.
- Establish a routine to ensure all shopping carts and baskets are clean, collected and accounted for and reordered (if necessary) on a timely basis.
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures for Frontline, Fitting Rooms and Jewellery to Customer Service Coordinator and all Service Area Associates.
- Establish plans to maintain store cleanness for all Service Areas.
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On Duty (MOD) program.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to Frontline, Fitting Rooms Jewellery, maintenance and compliance.
- All Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed effectively in Frontline, Fitting Rooms and Jewellery.
- Utilize the Fundamentals of Off Price; Item By Item and Markdown Reference guides * to diagnose, validate execution and coach and model efficiencies. Create and discuss plans of action to resolve any issues.
- Validate customer returns are returned to the sales floor in a timely manner.
- Validate the sales floor area is neat, clean and organized.
- Share equally with AM of Merchandise coordinating of store recovery throughout the day.
- Understand and execute Door to Floor Program.
- Utilize the Fundamentals of Off Price; Door to Floor Reference guide to validate execution and to coach and model efficiencies. Discuss plans of action to resolve any issues.
- In the absence of the Merchandise Manager, receive and acknowledge truck receipts on day of delivery, report any logistics issues through service now * and escalate unresolved issues to the District Manager and District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Support and execute the Joy Project * to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Adhere to all TJX policies and procedures and guide execution that impact customers in a respectful and friendly manner.
- Validate daily schedules have resources available to complete customer carry. Validate Home Office and Regional directive for Service Area's initiatives are executed.
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager.
- Provide leadership to Associates on delivering excellent customer service.
- Accountable to achieve established customer service metrics.
- Participate and lead the effective execution of the Manager On Duty (MOD) program * .
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges.
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
- Experience in stores with sales between $8 to $20 million
- Responsible for up to eighty (80) Associates per Store
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.