Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service & Operations, Winners, Garden City, Winnipeg
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Emma is an Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service and Operations. She is responsible for managing in-store operations, which includes customer service, planning of store recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training and Associate development. She oversees the efficient operation of key areas such as service areas (frontline, fitting rooms and jewelry) and maintenance functions, cash office, markdowns, store/associate file administration and scheduling functions. She also assists in managing truck receipt, processing of merchandise, merchandising standards and presentation. Emma models TJX Canada values and ensures the values are embedded in the daily interaction with Associates and Customers.
When Emma first came on board, she said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored her own. Emma is genuine, engaging and approachable. She currently holds the top score for her department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say she could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Emma joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Emma. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure "Total Store Awareness" and full accountability for the business in the absence of other Assistant Managers and the Store Manager.
- Manage Store Operations, store/associate file administration and the daily activities of Cash Office.
- Manage service areas to ensure fast, efficient and accurate service to maximize the customer experience.
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards. Continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Develop an effective operational team.
- Develop a team of effective Service Area Associates. Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures and proper use of register equipment.
- Provide specialized technical (jewelry, fitting room, etc.) and customer service training and coaching to all Associates. Direct work assignments in key customer service areas.
- Manage the Markdown process. Ensure Markdown Centre is established and maintained. Provide coaching, training and development to the members of the markdown team.
- Conduct compliance audits for respective areas. Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On-Duty program. Support frontline processes.
- Maximize Store Sales opportunities (both current and future) to achieve Sales Plan. Maximize administration efficiencies to allow leadership time to drive sales.
- Exercise discretion regarding customer service policies in order to satisfy customers.
- In conjunction with the Management team, lead and conduct daily huddles. Involve Coordinators and/or Store Associates to discuss operations opportunities and achievements. Ensure that all operational updates, issues or challenges have been clearly communicated to all store Associates (all shifts).
- Manage communication of information. Ensure all bulletin boards are current and exciting. Lead store contests and charity event support.
- Reinforce and support the compliance to store structure and compensation guidelines. Partner with Management to ensure that training programs are conducted (i.e. Safe Operating Procedures).
- Manage store visitors. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you.
here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges You have:
- Minimum High school education
- 2-3 years related work experience.
- Core Competencies and/or Skills required: plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute, etc.
- Moderate problem solving; high degree of decision making.
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.