Assistant Store Manager Merchandising Homesense ErinMills
Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, we operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities around the world. In Canada, our retail chains include Winners, HomeSense, and Marshalls. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises-our environment is ever-changing, and that's just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Ross is one of our Merchandise Processing Coordinators. He's responsible for coordinating the smooth and timely movement of merchandise from the back room to the sales floor, as well as for maintaining the standards - both operational and presentational - of the sales floor. He's got a great understanding of retail operations, but more than that, he's got a keen sense of seasonal fashion-trends. In short, his ability to manage the inventory of his store is nothing less than supernatural.
Of course, he sometimes confuses his left with his right.
But still, this is Ross. He is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
Estelle is an Assistant Store Manager of Merchandise in our Store Operations Department. She oversees and is accountable to the efficient operation of key areas such as backroom, merchandising and presentation standards and assists in managing service areas, markdowns, cash office and maintenance.
Models TJX Canada values every day during daily interactions with Associates and Customers.
Estelle's greatest leadership trait is her ability to not only embrace the unique talents on her diverse team, but also how she leverages them to drive business success. This makes her a collaborative leader who sets aside time to refresh and recharge those relationships. And she's a wiser leader for it.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers , we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions Associates if required.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans * for self and Coordinators.
- Participate and support the other Assistant Managers with recruitment.
- Provide recognition, counseling and disciplinary actions to store Associates in a consistent and timely manner.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in the backroom and sales floor areas.
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures for Merchandise Coordinator and all Salesfloor Associates.
- Review receiving, processing, merchandising, trends, and opportunities with the SM and respective Coordinators to meet and align business and customer needs.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Actively Participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Communicate sales goals & other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings to become aware of potential cannibalization and/or market competition. Develop an action plan to sustain or improve sales.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to the backroom, merchandise and presentation standards and compliance. Utilize the Door to Floor and Item by Item (IBI) Reference Guides * and other applicable reference guides to coach and model efficiencies in all business areas. Discuss action plans to resolve any issues Discuss priorities, projects, initiatives and goals for the week.
- Adhere to all TJX Canada policies and procedures.
- Create and validate CRT's * assigned are completed to standard.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Operations, AM of Customer Service and/or Store Manager.
- Have a full understanding of TJX Canada standards and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Execute all policies and procedures to reduce risk and expense, example; following store opening and closing procedures.
- Directly responsible for the execution of the Health & Safety Program including reporting.
- Support operational areas such as cash office, service areas and markdowns in the absence of the AM of Customer Service and/or Operations.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, complete the Master Store Tour * and discuss with management to determine execution plan.
- Support and execute the Joy Project * to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Address customer service issues and provide appropriate coaching to Associates.
- Exercise discretion regarding customer service policies in order to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Interact with customers in Service Areas to gain feedback, communicate feedback to Store Manager.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
So what do you think? Like Ross, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Merchandise Processing Coordinators, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Understand and be knowledgeable of BEST operational standards and monitor backroom performance and execution against these standards
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to receiving, processing, layout and organization of the backroom and overall backroom compliance
- Review weekly MAP and CommPak and support communication of change to backroom policies and/or procedures
- In conjunction with the AM Merchandise, incorporate sales information to drive backroom activities (i.e. prioritize the processing of ad/event/seasonal merchandise; anticipate back stock requirements; etc.)
- Be present for the truck receipt and processing
- Train Associates on receiving and processing, BEST operational methods and procedures, backroom maintenance and fixture storage, etc.
- Work with our AM of Merchandise and our Merchandise Coordinators to set priorities for processing to expedite the flow of merchandise to the sales floor
- Training and developing Associates in the backroom and provide customer service for both internal and external customers
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You have two years of relevant experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- You possess strong knowledge of merchandise processing and general knowledge of merchandising and merchandise-flow management, including an understanding of the Company's policies and practices
- You have strong communication skills, including verbal, written, and active-listening skills
- Your customer-service skills include effectively and efficiently responding to Associate inquiries, identifying stated and unstated customer needs, building relationships with Associates, resolving problems that might arise, and referring complex issues to Management
Discover Different at TJX means opportunity, teamwork, and career growth. That's why working here is so much more than a job. When you're a part of our TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people in our Distributions Centres, Retail Stores or any of our Office locations. We work together to deliver the best value and style in the business. Our inventory is always changing and our approach is continually evolving, which means every day is another chance to Discover Different.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.