Assistant Store Manager in Training , Homesense, Heartland, Mississauga
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Stefano is a Manager in Training in our Central Region. He is responsible for participating in a formal training program to learn management skills, and to demonstrate increasing proficiency and expertise with managerial responsibilities.
Fun fact: Developing talent is just as important as attracting it. When we first met Stefano, we could see immense potential. We not only hired him for this role, but for the opportunities we knew he could grow into. Most organizations focus on the here and now. Well, we're not like most organizations. We also have a genuine interest in your future. So go for it, Stefano, we are right there with you!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Manager in Training, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Under the guidance of a Store Manager, will participate in all employee-related management functions including interviewing, hiring, training, coaching, motivation, discipline, performance appraisal, conflict resolution, and the administration of human resources policies and initiatives.
- Provide coaching, training and development to Associates on policies, procedures.
- Direct work assignments in key areas.
- Ensure Store Associate headcount supports the needs of the business. Conducts prescreens, interviews, reference checks and job offers. Adheres to the compensation guidelines.
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates.
- Assists in managing truck receipt, processing of merchandise, merchandising standards and presentation.
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On-Duty program. Support frontline processes.
- Ensure that all operational updates, issues or challenges have been clearly communicated to all store Associates (all shifts).
- Reinforce and support the compliance to store policies and procedures.
- Ensure Loss Prevention policies and practices are adhered to in order to reduce internal and external losses
- Engage and model WMI values and ensures the values are embedded in the daily interaction with Associates and Customers.
- Train to manage service areas to ensure fast, efficient and accurate service to maximize the customer experience.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.