Assistant Store Manager, Marshalls, Medicine Hat
Your surprise is waiting!
Explore career opportunities at Marshalls, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. Marshalls delivers customers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashion at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide, it's a great time to join the Marshalls team.
Anka is an Assistant Store Manager here at TJX Canada. To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Anka. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Anka who push our creative limits. When Anka isn't finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
If you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, you'd be responsible for the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open communication and information sharing through effective leadership and communication
- Provide coaching, training and development to Associates; review performance and provide feedback
- Provide input on succession plans to meet future needs of store; ensure each Associate has a development plan that supports their growth and career aspirations
- Actively participate in recruitment (interviewing, hiring) and training Associates on policies and procedures
- Maintain and support company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Oversee assigned area of store operations that may include merchandising and presentation, frontline, fitting rooms, jewelry, maintenance, cash office, markdowns, administration, scheduling, shipping and receiving
- Support established store sales, expense targets and customer service metrics by implementing strategies with impact to store payroll, store budgets, loss prevention and improving customer service
- Identify business opportunities by reviewing merchandise presentation, merchandise mix, and inventory levels, and communicate your recommendations to the Store Manager
- Participate in store visits from Regional teams, District Managers, Home Office partners by planning and preparing the store and participating in discussions on store goals and challenges
- Complete Store walk-throughs with Associate teams to identify trends and determine opportunities to drive sales
- Communicate and execute action plans to Associates on upcoming projects, targets, priorities, company initiatives, events and promotions
- Support the Joy Project to drive the importance of team engagement and building strong connections between Managers, Associates and Customers
- Address customer service issues and provide coaching to Associates when necessary
- Ensure every customer has a positive shopping experience; exercise discretion regarding customer service policies in order to maintain optimal customer satisfaction
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Completion of Post-Secondary education preferred; High school diploma required
- You have at least 3 years of retail management experience
- Your core skills include planning, prioritizing, leading large groups, developing people, and executing tasks with knowledge and confidence
- You have the ability to problem solve and prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
You can also feel good knowing that Marshalls is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx. Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.