Assistant Manager of Operations, Winners/Homesense, Beacon Hill
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX’s retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Stefano is an Assistant Store Manager of Operations. He oversees’ the efficient operation of the cash office, markdowns, human resources and scheduling functions. He assist’s in backroom processes, maintaining merchandising standards and the presentation of our fabulous product. Stephano models TJX Canada values every day during daily interactions with our Associates and Customers.
Fun fact: Developing talent is just as important as attracting it. When we first met Stefano, we could see immense potential. We not only hired him for this role, but for the opportunities we knew he could grow into. Most organizations focus on the here and now. Well, we’re not like most organizations. We also have a genuine interest in your future. So go for it, Stefano, we are right there with you!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers we’d ask you to do the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open & continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions Associates if required
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place.
- Participate and support the other Assistant Managers in the process of recruiting and hiring Associates.
- Facilitate the New Hire onboarding. Reinforce and support the compliance to store structure and compensation guidelines.
- Partner with other Management members to ensure that training programs are conducted and Associates development plans are completed.
- Continually assesses cross training of Associates and the ability to meet the business needs. Create action plans to resolve any issues.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in Fitting Rooms, Jewellery, Frontline and Cash Office. Ensure all other reviews are conducted in a timely manner.
- Provide coaching, training and development to the Operations Coordinator, Cash Office, Jewellery, Frontline and Fitting Room Associates.
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Communicate sales goals and other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Actively Participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Create action plans with Store Manager and other Assistant Managers to maximize and drive sales.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings.
- Partner with the Management Team to ensure the right number of Associates have been cross trained to support receiving, processing and merchandising.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Merchandise, AM of Customer Service and/or Store Manager.
- Support and execute the Joy Project to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager.
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On Duty Program.
- Provide leadership to Associates on delivering excellent customer service.
- Address immediate customer service issues and provide appropriate coaching to Associates if required.
- Support the processes in the Service Areas (Frontline, Fitting Room, Jewellery) and ensure Associates deliver friendly customer service.
- Understand and support the Customer Service Manager in achieving the established customer service metrics.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let’s hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there’s a good chance this job isn’t for you. But if it does sound right for you, here’s why we know you’ll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience as a retail manager
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
- Responsible for sales between $8 to $20 million
- Responsible up to eighty (80) Associates per Store
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.