Assistant Manager of Operations, Marshalls HomeSense (New Store Opening) Mount Pearl, NL
Variety and Challenge. Growth and Opportunity.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with continued growth and opportunity.
Welcome to TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide. Our retail chains include TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense and tkmaxx.com in the United Kingdom; TK Maxx in Australia; TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the United States; and Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eloise is an Assistant Store Manager of Operations. She Oversees' the efficient operation of the cash office, markdowns, human resources and scheduling functions. Assist's in backroom processes, merchandising standards and presentation. Models TJX Canada values every day during daily interactions with Associates and Customers.
When Eloise first came on board, she said it was easy to embrace our organizational values because they mirrored her own. Eloise is genuine, engaging and approachable. She currently holds the top score for her department ping pong tournament team, you should see the celebration dance after a big win! Let's just say she could be a professional break-dancer. If it weren't for individuals like Eloise joining us, we wouldn't be known as an employer that lives by its values on a daily basis. So thanks Eloise. We couldn't be us without you.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open & continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions Associates if required.
- Create and maintain a positive environment.
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place.
- Participate and support the other Assistant Managers in the process of recruiting and hiring Associates.
- Facilitate the New Hire onboarding. Reinforce and support the compliance to store structure and compensation guidelines.
- Partner with other Management members to ensure that training programs are conducted and Associates development plans are completed.
- Continually assesses cross training of Associates and the ability to meet the business needs. Create action plans to resolve any issues.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in Fitting Rooms, Jewellery, Frontline and Cash Office. Ensure all other reviews are conducted in a timely manner.
- Provide coaching, training and development to the Operations Coordinator, Cash Office, Jewellery, Frontline and Fitting Room Associates.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans for self and Coordinators.
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Communicate sales goals and other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Actively Participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Create action plans with Store Manager and other Assistant Managers to maximize and drive sales.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings.
- Partner with the Management Team to ensure the right number of Associates have been cross trained to support receiving, processing and merchandising.
- Adhere to all TJX Canada policies and procedures and guide execution to drives sales.
- Create and validate CRT's
- * assigned are completed to standard.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Merchandise, AM of Customer Service and/or Store Manager.
- Support and execute the Joy Project
- * to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager.
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On Duty Program*.
- Provide leadership to Associates on delivering excellent customer service.
- Address immediate customer service issues and provide appropriate coaching to Associates if required.
- Support the processes in the Service Areas (Frontline, Fitting Room, Jewellery) and ensure Associates deliver friendly customer service.
- Understand and support the Customer Service Manager in achieving the established customer service metrics.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
- Responsible for sales between $8 to $20 million
- Responsible up to eighty (80) Associates per Store
Health and Safety:
- Health and Safety in the workplace applies to everyone at WMI.
- An Internal Responsibility System makes all parties in the workplace jointly responsible and equally involved to act on all Health and Safety matters.
What's In It For You?
As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger, and be part of our future. Apply now.