Assistant Manager of Operations & Customer Service, Winners (New Store Opening), Hawkesbury, On
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Thomas is an Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service and Operations. He is responsible for managing in-store operations, which includes customer service, planning of store recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training and Associate development. Thomas oversees the efficient operation of key areas such as service areas (frontline, fitting rooms and jewellery) and maintenance functions, cash office, markdowns, store/associate file administration and scheduling functions. He assists in managing truck receipt, processing of merchandise, merchandising standards and presentation. Thomas Models WMI values and ensures the values are embedded in the daily interaction with Associates and Customers.
The strength of TJX Canada is in the diversity of our Associates. Thomas recently relocated and now proudly calls Canada home. We appreciate the cultural backgrounds and professional experiences of individuals like Thomas. He shares stories of experiences, accomplishments and learnings in a way that is articulate, engaging and builds understanding. His unique views help us create a more cohesive and inclusive environment. For the record, Thomas's dish for his department potluck has been a game changer. We know Thomas, your recipe is a secret! We won't tell.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create a positive environment that fosters open & continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions Associates if required.
- Create and maintain a positive environment.
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place.
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Manage social committee; review Associates suggestions to support 'Great Place to Work'.
- Participate and support the other Assistant Managers with recruitment.
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies and procedures for all service areas.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans * for self and Coordinators.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in the service areas.
- Partner with the Assistant Manager of Operations to ensure the right number of Associates have been cross trained to support service areas and maintenance.
- Communicate sales goals and other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Create action plans with Store Manager and other Assistant Managers to maximize and drive sales.
- Communicate Jewellery and Gift Cards goals daily to Associates.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Review service area; Queue Line, Jewellery presentation, Gift cards fixtures, maintenance, trends, and opportunities with the Store Manager and respective Coordinators to meet and align business and customer needs.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings.
- Adhere to all TJX Canada policies and procedures.
- Create and validate CRT's * assigned are completed to standard.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Operations, AM of Merchandise and/or Store Manager.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to service areas, maintenance and compliance.
- Have a full understanding of TJX Canada standards and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Execute all policies and procedures to reduce risk and expense, example; following store opening and closing procedures.
- Conduct walkthroughs with external cleaning company and ensure standards are met prior to signing off the cleaning sheet. Escalates any issues to the maintenance department.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, complete the Master Store Tour * and discuss with management to determine execution plan.
- In the absence of AM of Operations support is required with the following:
- operational areas such as service areas, cash office and markdowns
- managing Shrink Reduction Programs
- managing Health and Safety Programs
- Manage customer flow at frontline, fitting rooms and jewellery by properly maintaining required staffing levels and manage service areas to provide efficient service.
- Utilize the fundamentals of off price Service Area Reference Guide * and validate compliance.
- Ensure registers are functioning properly and all service areas are equipped with enough supplies and opening and closing frontline procedures are followed.
- Establish a routine to ensure all shopping carts and baskets are clean, collected and accounted for and reordered (if necessary) on a timely basis.
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures for Frontline, Fitting Rooms and Jewellery to Customer Service Coordinator and all Service Area Associates.
- Establish plans to maintain store cleanness for all Service Areas.
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On Duty (MOD) program.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to Frontline, Fitting Rooms Jewellery, maintenance and compliance.
- All Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed effectively in Frontline, Fitting Rooms and Jewellery.
- Utilize the Fundamentals of Off Price; Item By Item and Markdown Reference guides * to diagnose, validate execution and coach and model efficiencies. Create and discuss plans of action to resolve any issues.
- Validate customer returns are returned to the sales floor in a timely manner.
- Validate the sales floor area is neat, clean and organized.
- Share equally with AM of Merchandise coordinating of store recovery throughout the day.
- Understand and execute Door to Floor Program.
- Utilize the Fundamentals of Off Price; Door to Floor Reference guide to validate execution and to coach and model efficiencies. Discuss plans of action to resolve any issues.
- In the absence of the Merchandise Manager, receive and acknowledge truck receipts on day of delivery, report any logistics issues through service now * and escalate unresolved issues to the District Manager and District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Support and execute the Joy Project * to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Adhere to all TJX policies and procedures and guide execution that impact customers in a respectful and friendly manner.
- Validate daily schedules have resources available to complete customer carry. Validate Home Office and Regional directive for Service Area's initiatives are executed.
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager.
- Provide leadership to Associates on delivering excellent customer service.
- Accountable to achieve established customer service metrics.
- Participate and lead the effective execution of the Manager On Duty (MOD) program * .
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.