Assistant Manager of Merchandise
Here at TJX Canada, we strive our hardest to make sure that, every day, our customers are able to find the latest and greatest designer brand names for less than they'd pay elsewhere. When they walk in the doors of our stores, whether it's a Winners, HomeSense, or Marshalls, savvy shoppers know they'll experience the "Thrill of the Find," which, if you're curious, feels like a slight breeze blowing over the surface of your skin-not a bad feeling, if we do say so ourselves.
But you're not here to feel the breeze. You're here to see if working with TJX Canada is right for you. To help with your decision, we'd like to introduce you to someone who once faced the same choice you have to make.
Leila's one of our Assistant Managers of Merchandise. She works hard to make sure her store meets the best operational standards, which means she identifies the right business opportunities by reviewing merchandise presentation, mix, and inventory levels, and managing the "Door to Floor" process (not to mention assisting the training of our associates).
Leila's a sweetheart with a great fashion sense, and her staff members adore her. Which is why they let it slide when she somehow managed to dig up their baby pictures and plaster them all over the break room bulletin board.
Still, this is Leila. She is one of us.
?If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Leila, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Managers of Merchandise, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure "Total Store Awareness" and have full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM of Customer Service, AM of Operations, and the Store Manager.
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards, and continuously monitor the store's actual performance and execution against these standards
- Identify business opportunities by reviewing merchandise presentation, merchandise mix, and inventory levels, and communicate your recommendations to the Store Manager
- Manage the Door to Floor (D2F) Process and other backroom activities
- Provide coaching, training and development to Coordinators and Store Associates, and provide specialized training for features, merchandise presentation, proper fixture use, signage standards, discipline lines, and floor flexing
- Train and assist Coordinators in completing customer-ready tours for Associates
- Provide training in WorkSmart principles, and ensure they are being adhered to
- Manage store visitors, using the time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs, or plans of action you have implemented in the backroom or on the sales floor
- In conjunction with the Management team, lead and conduct daily huddles
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've earned your high school diploma
- You have two to three years of related experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- Your core skills include planning, prioritizing, leading large groups, developing people, and executing tasks with knowledge and confidence
- You have such a high degree of problem-solving skills that the U.N. should have your home number on speed dial
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.?