Assistant Manager of Merchandise, Marshalls, South Edmonton Common
Your surprise is waiting! Come check out the opportunities at Marshalls, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. Marshalls delivers customers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashions at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices on comparable merchandise, every day. The only thing better than shopping at Marshalls is working at Marshalls!
You can also feel good knowing that Marshalls is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the largest off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition to Marshalls, TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Kayla one of our Assistant Managers of Merchandise. She works hard to make sure her store meets the best operational standards, which means she identifies the right business opportunities by reviewing merchandise presentation, mix, and inventory levels, and managing the "Door to Floor" process (not to mention assisting the training of our associates). Kayla's a sweetheart with a great fashion sense, and her staff members adore her. Which is why they let it slide when she somehow managed to dig up their baby pictures and plaster them all over the break room bulletin board.
Still, this is Kayla. She is one of us.
If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Kayla, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Managers of Merchandise, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure "Total Store Awareness" and have full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM of Customer Service, AM of Operations, and the Store Manager.
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards, and continuously monitor the store's actual performance and execution against these standards
- Identify business opportunities by reviewing merchandise presentation, merchandise mix, and inventory levels, and communicate your recommendations to the Store Manager
- Manage the Door to Floor (D2F) Process and other backroom activities
- Provide coaching, training and development to Coordinators and Store Associates, and provide specialized training for features, merchandise presentation, proper fixture use, signage standards, discipline lines, and floor flexing
- Train and assist Coordinators in completing customer-ready tours for Associates
- Provide training in WorkSmart principles, and ensure they are being adhered to
- Manage store visitors, using the time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs, or plans of action you have implemented in the backroom or on the sales floor
- In conjunction with the Management team, lead and conduct daily huddles
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've earned your high school diploma
- You have at least 3 years of retail management experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- Your core skills include planning, prioritizing, leading large groups, developing people, and executing tasks with knowledge and confidence
- You have such a high degree of problem-solving skills that the U.N. should have your home number on speed dial
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.
What's In It For You?
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Edmonton || AB