Assistant Manager of Customer Service and Operations, Winners, Westbank
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Inez is one of our Assistant Managers of Customer Service and Operations. It's her job to help make sure that key areas run efficiently and our service areas ensure fast and accurate service to maximize our customer experience. She is outstanding at her job, mostly because of her can-do attitude, her people skills, and her incredible aptitude for problem solving. You know those metal contraptions where you have to get the ring off the weird twisted shapes? Yeah, she's ridiculously fast at those. But then again, she can't do Sudoku to save her life. Still, this is Inez. She is one of us.
But know this. If you do decide to apply for this position, and we agree that this is the right job for you, you'll be supported by a plethora of internal programs whose only focus is the continued progress of your career. At TJX Canada, we do everything we can to help you achieve your full potential. But we can't do it all ourselves. You'll need to bring the ambition, the motivation, and the drive.
So what do you think? Like Inez, are you one of us?
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Managers of Customer Service & Operations, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure "Total Store Awareness" and have full accountability for the business in the absence of other Assistant Managers and the Store Manager
- Manage Store Operations, store/associate file administration, and the daily activities of the Cash Office
- Manage service areas to ensure fast, efficient, and accurate service that maximizes the customer experience
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards, and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards
- Develop a team of effective Service Area Associates, and assist in the recruiting, coaching, training, and development of the associates, including training on policies, procedures, and the proper use of register equipment, as well as specialized technical (jewelry, fitting room, etc.) and customer-service training
- Direct work assignments in key customer service areas
- Manage the Markdown process, ensuring the Markdown Centre is established and maintained, and coach, train and develop the members of the markdown team
- Conduct compliance audits for respective areas
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On-Duty program
- Support frontline processes
- Maximize Store Sales opportunities (both current and future) to achieve our Sales Plan, and maximize administration efficiencies to allow leadership time to drive sales
- Exercise discretion regarding customer-service policies in order to satisfy customers
- Lead and conduct daily huddles in conjunction with the Management team, making sure to involve Coordinators and/or Store Associates to discuss operations opportunities and achievements, and to ensure that all operational updates, issues, or challenges have been clearly communicated to all store Associates (all shifts)
- Manage the communication of information, which includes ensuring that all bulletin boards are current and exciting, leading store contests, and supporting charity events
- Manage store visitors, using this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations
- Reinforce and support the compliance to store structure and compensation guidelines, and partner with Management to ensure that training programs are conducted (i.e. Safe Operating Procedures)
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges:
- You've earned your high school diploma
- You have two to three years of related experience, which you can use to build a stable and bright future here at TJX Canada
- Your core skills include planning, prioritizing, leading large groups, developing people, and executing tasks with knowledge and confidence
- You have such a high degree of problem-solving skills that your in-laws often ask for your help with their in-laws
We know some of that might sound a little daunting, but if we're going to meet and exceed our promises to our customers, we have to be committed to hiring the best person for the job.
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.