Assistant Manager of Customer Service and Operations, Winners, Brockville
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Jacob is an Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service and Operations. He is responsible for managing in-store operations, which includes customer service, planning of store recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training and Associate development. He oversees the efficient operation of key areas such as service areas (frontline, fitting rooms and jewellery) and maintenance functions, cash office, markdowns, store/associate file administration and scheduling functions. He assists in managing truck receipt, processing of merchandise, merchandising standards and presentation. Jacob Models WMI values and ensures the values are embedded in the daily interaction with Associates and Customers.
Fun fact: Developing talent is just as important as attracting it. When we first met Jacob, we could see immense potential. We not only hired him for this role, but for the opportunities we knew he could grow into. Most organizations focus on the here and now. Well, we're not like most organizations. We also have a genuine interest in your future. So go for it, Jacob, we are right there with you!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure "Total Store Awareness" and full accountability for the business in the absence of other Assistant Managers and the Store Manager.
- Manage Store Operations, store/associate file administration and the daily activities of Cash Office.
- Manage service areas to ensure fast, efficient and accurate service to maximize the customer experience.
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards. Continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Develop an effective operational team.
- Develop a team of effective Service Area Associates. Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures and proper use of register equipment.
- Provide specialized technical (jewellery, fitting room, etc.) and customer service training and coaching to all Associates. Direct work assignments in key customer service areas.
- Manage the Markdown process. Ensure Markdown Centre is established and maintained. Provide coaching, training and development to the members of the markdown team.
- Conduct compliance audits for respective areas. Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On-Duty program. Support frontline processes.
- Maximize Store Sales opportunities (both current and future) to achieve Sales Plan. Maximize administration efficiencies to allow leadership time to drive sales.
- Exercise discretion regarding customer service policies in order to satisfy customers.
- In conjunction with the Management team, lead and conduct daily huddles. Involve Coordinators and/or Store Associates to discuss operations opportunities and achievements. Ensure that all operational updates, issues or challenges have been clearly communicated to all store Associates (all shifts).
- Manage communication of information. Ensure all bulletin boards are current and exciting. Lead store contests and charity event support.
- Reinforce and support the compliance to store structure and compensation guidelines. Partner with Management to ensure that training programs are conducted (i.e. Safe Operating Procedures).
- Manage store visitors. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum High school education
- 2-3 years related work experience.
- Core Competencies and/or Skills required: plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute, etc.
- Moderate problem solving; high degree of decision making.
- Experience with direct responsibility for sales of 8-20 million
- Experience for 30 to 80 associates
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.