Assistant Manager of Customer Service, Winners, Décarie
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world’s leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX’s retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Eva is an Assistant Store Manager of Merchandise. She oversees and is accountable to the efficient operation of key areas such as backroom, merchandising and presentation standards and assists in managing service areas, markdowns, cash office and maintenance. Models TJX Canada values every day during daily interactions with Associates and Customers.
To us, collaboration is more than a buzzword. Just ask Eva. She loves to share ideas, values the other voices around the table, inquires to challenge thinking and explore possibilities. This is a supportive, stimulating place to work because of open-minded individuals like Eva who push our creative limits. When Eva isn’t finding new ways for us to work together better, she can be found in team huddles and scoring big with her soccer team on weekends. She just loves the collective win!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we’d ask you to do the following:
- Create an environment that fosters open communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions Associates if required.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans* for self and Coordinators.
- Participate and support the other Assistant Managers with recruitment.
- Provide recognition, counseling and disciplinary actions to store Associates in a consistent and timely manner.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in the backroom and sales floor areas.
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures for Merchandise Coordinator and all Salesfloor Associates.
- Review receiving, processing, merchandising, trends, and opportunities with the SM and respective Coordinators to meet and align business and customer needs.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Actively Participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Communicate sales goals & other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings to become aware of potential cannibalization and/or market competition. Develop an action plan to sustain or improve sales.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to the backroom, merchandise and presentation standards and compliance. Utilize the Door to Floor and Item by Item (IBI) Reference Guides* and other applicable reference guides to coach and model efficiencies in all business areas. Discuss action plans to resolve any issues Discuss priorities, projects, initiatives and goals for the week.
- Adhere to all TJX Canada policies and procedures.
- Create and validate CRT's
* assigned are completed to standard.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Operations, AM of Customer Service and/or Store Manager.
- Have a full understanding of TJX Canada standards and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Execute all policies and procedures to reduce risk and expense, example; following store opening and closing procedures.
- Directly responsible for the execution of the Health & Safety Program including reporting.
- Support operational areas such as cash office, service areas and markdowns in the absence of the AM of Customer Service and/or Operations.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, complete the Master Store Tour* and discuss with management to determine execution plan.
- Support and execute the Joy Project* to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Address customer service issues and provide appropriate coaching to Associates.
- Exercise discretion regarding customer service policies in order to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Interact with customers in Service Areas to gain feedback, communicate feedback to Store Manager.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let’s hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there’s a good chance this job isn’t for you. But if it does sound right for you, here’s why we know you’ll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it’s our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.