Assistant Manager of Customer Service, Winners, CrossIron Mills
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Jane is an Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service. She is responsible for overseeing the efficient operation of the service areas and maintenance functions. She assists in managing backroom processes and merchandising standards and presentation. Jane Models TJX Canada values every day during daily interactions with Associates and Customers.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work? We believe it's having individuals like Jane onboard. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Jane contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Create a positive environment that fosters open & continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers.
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions Associates if required.
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place.
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment.
- Manage social committee; review Associates suggestions to support 'Great Place to Work'.
- Participate and support the other Assistant Managers with recruitment.
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies and procedures for all service areas.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans for self and Coordinators.
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in the service areas.
- Partner with the Assistant Manager of Operations to ensure the right number of Associates have been cross trained to support service areas and maintenance.
- Communicate sales goals and other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates. Coach and provide direction on how to utilize the information to drive sales for their given areas of responsibility.
- Actively participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings.
- Create action plans with Store Manager and other Assistant Managers to maximize and drive sales.
- During store visits from Regional Teams, District Managers, Home Office or any other visitor, be prepared with your stores current state and future goals and or challenges for; sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Review service area; Queue Line, Jewellery presentation, Gift cards fixtures, maintenance, trends, and opportunities with the Store Manager and respective Coordinators to meet and align business and customer needs.
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings.
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business in the absence of the AM or Operations, AM of Merchandise and/or Store Manager.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to service areas, maintenance and compliance.
- Have a full understanding of TJX Canada standards and continuously monitor store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Execute all policies and procedures to reduce risk and expense, example; following store opening and closing procedures.
- Conduct walkthroughs with external cleaning company and ensure standards are met prior to signing off the cleaning sheet. Escalates any issues to the maintenance department.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, complete the Master Store Tour and discuss with management to determine execution plan.
- Ensure registers are functioning properly and all service areas are equipped with enough supplies and opening and closing frontline procedures are followed.
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures for Frontline, Fitting Rooms and Jewellery to Customer Service Coordinator and all Service Area Associates.
- Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On Duty (MOD) program.
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to Frontline, Fitting Rooms Jewellery, maintenance and compliance.
- All Loss Prevention policies and procedures are followed effectively in Frontline, Fitting Rooms and Jewellery.
- Utilize the Fundamentals of Off Price; Item By Item and Markdown Reference guides to diagnose, validate execution and coach and model efficiencies. Create and discuss plans of action to resolve any issues.
- Share equally with AM of Merchandise coordinating of store recovery throughout the day.
- Understand and execute Door to Floor Program.
- Utilize the Fundamentals of Off Price; Door to Floor Reference guide to validate execution and to coach and model efficiencies. Discuss plans of action to resolve any issues.
- In the absence of the Merchandise Manager, receive and acknowledge truck receipts on day of delivery, report any logistics issues through service now and escalate unresolved issues to the District Manager and District Loss Prevention Manager.
- Support and execute the Joy Project to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers.
- Adhere to all TJX policies and procedures and guide execution that impact customers in a respectful and friendly manner.
- Validate daily schedules have resources available to complete customer carry. Validate Home Office and Regional directive for Service Area's initiatives are executed.
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager.
- Accountable to achieve established customer service metrics
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so, because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Minimum of 3 years experience in retail management
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
- Experience in stores with sales between $8 to $20 million
- Responsible for up to eighty (80) Associates per Store
Success is our favorite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.