Assistant Manager of Customer Service & Operations, Winners, Burnaby
Are you ready to explore career opportunities at TJX Canada and join our team? TJX Canada is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., the world's leading off-price retailer of apparel and homeware worldwide, and in Canada, our retail chains include Winners, Marshalls and HomeSense.
In the retail business, we move fast. We're always adapting, evolving and innovating. And the fast pace brings variety and challenge, along with many growth opportunities. We operate hundreds of stores in hundreds of cities.
TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods and Sierra Trading Post in the United States TK Maxx in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as HomeSense in the United Kingdom and Ireland; and TK Maxx in Australia.
As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Layla is an Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service and Operations. She is responsible for managing in-store operations, which includes customer service, planning of store recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training and Associate development. She oversees the efficient operation of key areas such as service areas (frontline, fitting rooms and jewelry) and maintenance functions, cash office, markdowns, store/associate file administration and scheduling functions. She also assists in managing the truck receipts, processing of merchandise, merchandising standards and presentation. Layla models TJX Canada values and ensures the values are embedded in the daily interaction with Associates and Customers.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the teamwork? We believe it's having individuals like Layla on board. She creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And that's how Layla contributes here with us.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, we'd ask you to do the following:
- Ensure "Total Store Awareness" and full accountability for the business in the absence of other Assistant Managers and the Store Manager.
- Manage Store Operations, store/associate file administration and the daily activities of the Cash Office.
- Manage service areas to ensure fast, efficient and accurate service to maximize the customer experience.
- Have a full understanding and knowledge of BEST operational standards. Continuously monitor the store's actual performance and execution against these standards.
- Develop an effective operational team.
- Develop a team of effective Service Area Associates. Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures and proper use of register equipment.
- Provide specialized technical (jewelry, fitting room, etc.) and customer service training and coaching to all Associates. Direct work assignments in key customer service areas.
- Manage the Markdown process. Ensure the Markdown Centre is established and maintained. Provide coaching, training and development to the members of the markdown team.
- Conduct compliance audits for respective areas. Participate in the effective execution of the Manager On-Duty program. Support frontline processes.
- Maximize Store Sales opportunities (both current and future) to achieve the Sales Plan. Maximize administration efficiencies to allow leadership time to drive sales.
- Exercise discretion regarding customer service policies in order to satisfy customers.
- In conjunction with the Management team, lead and conduct daily huddles. Involve Coordinators and/or Store Associates to discuss operations opportunities and achievements. Ensure that all operational updates, issues or challenges have been clearly communicated to all store Associates (all shifts).
- Manage communication of information. Ensure all bulletin boards are current and exciting. Lead store contests and charity event support.
- Reinforce and support the compliance to store structure and compensation guidelines. Partner with Management to ensure that training programs are conducted (i.e. Safe Operating Procedures).
- Manage store visitors. Use this time to discuss all of the activities, issues, new programs or plans of action you have implemented in operations.
- Create a positive environment that fosters open and continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates.
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Let's hope so because if it sounds easy or boring, there's a good chance this job isn't for you. But if it does sound right for you, here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- Minimum High school education
- 2-3 years of related work experience.
- Core Competencies and/or Skills required: plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute, etc.
- Moderate problem solving; high degree of decision making.
Success is our favourite outfit! As proud as we are of our past success, it's our future that excites us most. We strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and a competitive salary and benefits package. Share our determination to think bolder and bigger and be part of our future. Apply now.
Here at TJX Canada, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to the inclusion and accommodation of all individuals. For additional assistance please email email@example.com.