Assistant Manager of Customer Service & Operations, Marshalls, Outlet (New Store in Nisku!)
Your surprise is waiting! Come check out the opportunities at Marshalls, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. Marshalls delivers customers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashions at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices on comparable merchandise, every day. The only thing better than shopping at Marshalls is working at Marshalls!
You can also feel good knowing that Marshalls is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the largest off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition to Marshalls, TJX's retail chains include TJ Maxx, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as tjmaxx.com and sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Jordan is an Assistant Store Manager of Customer Service & Operations.
Jordan manages in-store operations, which includes customer service, planning of store recruitment, interviewing, hiring, training and Associate development. He oversees the efficient operation of key areas such as service areas (frontline, fitting rooms and jewellery) and maintenance functions, cash office, markdowns, store/associate file administration and scheduling functions.
It's easy to create a team. But what makes the team work?
We believe it's having individuals like Jordan onboard. He creates momentum by inspiring colleagues to think outside the box and share ideas freely. Teamwork means striving for a work environment where each team member is valued for their individual talents and ideas. And this is how Jordan contributes, here with us.
If you were to come on board as one of our Assistant Store Managers, you'd be responsible for the following:
- Create a positive environment that fosters open & continuous communication and information sharing among all Associates, Coordinators and Managers
- Praise and recognize efforts and results by providing timely feedback to Coordinators and Associates. Counsel and provide disciplinary actions of Associates if required
- Validate "Great Place to Work" initiatives are in place
- Maintain and support all company values, leadership competencies and culture factors, code of conduct and maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies and procedures for all service areas.
- Create and maintain active Development Plans for self and Coordinators
- Prepare and conduct evaluations for all Associates and Coordinators that work primarily in the service areas
- Partner with other Assistant Managers to ensure the right number of Associates have been cross trained in other departments
- Communicate sales goals and other financial/business information daily to Coordinators and Associates.
- Actively participate in Management Meetings and lead Coordinator Meetings
- Create action plans with Store Manager and other Assistant Managers to maximize and drive sales
- Participate in store visits and share information about sales, productivity, event execution and operational issues
- Periodically complete a comparison analysis of other retailers and provide feedback to store team during Management meetings
- Exemplifies 'Total Store Awareness' and full accountability for the business
- Provide weekly updates on objectives and identify any issues or opportunities pertaining to service areas, maintenance and compliance
- Provide support in managing Loss Prevention programs, Shrink Reduction and Health and Safety programs
- Manage customer flow at frontline, fitting rooms and jewellery by properly maintaining required staffing levels and manage service areas to provide efficient service
- Provide coaching, training and development on policies, procedures for Frontline, Fitting Rooms and Jewellery to Customer Service Coordinator and all Service Area Associates
- Establish plans to maintain store cleanness for all Service Areas
- Validate the sales floor area is neat, clean and organized
- Provide support in receiving and acknowledging truck receipts on day of delivery, reporting any logistics issues
- Support and execute the Joy Project to drive the importance of building strong connections between Managers, Associates, and Customers
- Validate daily schedules have resources available to complete customer carry
- Validate Home Office and Regional directive for Service Area's initiatives are executed
- Identify business opportunities through communication with customers and recommend changes that are appropriate to your District Manager
- Provide leadership to Associates on delivering excellent customer service
- Accountable to achieve established customer service metrics
Sounds rather challenging and exciting, right? Here's why we know you'll be able to handle those challenges. You have:
- College Diploma or University degree preferred; minimum requirement high school education
- Minimum three years retail management experience
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, lead large groups, develop people, execute
- Ability to problem solve; high degree of decision making, and able to prioritize in a fast paced and changing store environment
What's In It For You?
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Edmonton || AB